Actually spotted two Ferrari's today! | FerrariChat

Actually spotted two Ferrari's today!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Matt LaMotte, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Somebody must be playing a joke in my neck of the woods. As I was heading to work today in Pensacola Florida I came to a stop sign and much to my suprise a Titanium 360 Modena Spider rolls past going down Gulf Beach Highway. Now this is highly uncommon in this area but I had seen the car in the Gulf Shores Alabama area close to where I work. I gave the driver the thumbs up but I'm pretty sure he didn't see me.
    Well I'm buzzing from seeing a Ferrari and dreaming about owning one when I look over to the left and there sat a TR in a shop on Hwy 98. I've seen this car several times but never had a chance to talk with the owner. He does drive the car pretty frequently and it sounds great.
    I know this is no big deal to all you South Florida guys but it made my day. If the owners of the cars are around I'd love to meet you and check it out. Have a good day.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Matt, its a big deal in South Florida too!

BHW

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I agrree, I have an '84 308 and it's still a big deal for me when I see another Ferrari on the street.

4. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Always exciting to see an F car.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Matt are you sure that you are not having flashbacks to NO?

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Dale,
    It's probably a good thing that I did the whole New Orleans thing or I might have had to go home and change my pants. It was actually kind of strange seeing the 360 roll past. I almost did have a flashback and it was cool to actually have a little bit of experience with what I was looking at. I'm probably the only guy in this town that could tell you what the inside cockpit of the Enzo feels and looks like and it would be nice to meet some fellow enthusiast who didn't mind talking Fcars. Until then I'll be hanging out here in the land of Nascar and Mustangs. Are you going to be in New Olreans this year?

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    As long as the TR was not yellow with Virginia plates, there should be nothing to worry about.

BHW

8. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Ok just spotted the same 360 drive by. Who is playing the joke? It seems strange to me to drive a 360 Spider with the top down but windows up.

9. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I almost bought a car in Gulf Breeze yesterday. The check for the payment is actually still up there.

If you are super close by there, can you do me a favor and pass by and check out the car for rust etc.?

call me 888-922-7393.

Martin

10. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Martin, I sent you a PM.