Jacking up 348 Help ASAP | FerrariChat

Jacking up 348 Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mvespo348, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I posted earlier about jack stands and where to put them on a 348. I went to jack the car up this evening and I don't have a clue where to put the stands. Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. I need to have my wheels off by tomorrow.

2. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Check the archives - this has been discussed before.

The front end jack points are on the frame behind the front wheels - look for the upside down "u" shape metal channel where a scissor jack would fit. An alternate front end lift point is the crossmember between the front wheels just behind the bumper. I usually lift from the front (at the crossmember) and put jack stands at the jack points behind the wheels.

For the rear wheels, lift at the subframe where it crosses underneath the gearbox (DO NOT lift on the gearbox) and place jack stands on either side of the subframe.

Use an intermediate piece of material (I use a hockey puck) when lifting with the jack. If your car is too low to fit a jack under, try driving up on 2x4 blocks, or start lifting with a small scissor jack to get the car above 4" ($12 at Wal Mart) and then finish with a full-size jack.

Good luck.
    Shan

3. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Shan, Thanks for the help. I could not find anything in the archives. I tried several times. I'm new to the list so maybe that is why. Your help was greatly appreciated. Out to the garage...

4. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
  5. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael