How 'bout we stop the fifty duplicate posts in fifty forums? | FerrariChat

How 'bout we stop the fifty duplicate posts in fifty forums?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doody, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i think we can all appreciate that people want to get their word out as broadly as possible (charity, event, etc.), but that's in theory what General Discussion is for. hence the name :). i seriously doubt there's anybody on this board who doesn't read the main forum - and if they do only read one forum, they probably don't care about what you're posting generally about --- or else they'd probably read, uh, wait for it, anybody?, buehler? the GENERAL discussion forum :)

rob: maybe some way to do sticky threads would be helpful for such stuff (with your approval and permission (and probably action) of course). or sticky threads created by admins that cross ALL forums automatically. just a suggestion. the intent isn't irrational, but the implementation is messy.

doody.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Doody: good points, but IMO sticky threads add clutter. Perhaps we should put a vote in every FC category and see what the polls say :D :p

--Dan

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yes sir Officer Doody! Actually, I'm glad that you are watching out for us. More later...

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I delete the multiple posts if I see them. I usually don't bother if it's just posted in 2-3 areas, maybe like the St. Louis show that covers multiple FC regions. That's fine, but if you want to reach everyone, post in GFD if Ferrari related or OT if Off Topic. That will reach the masses.

Everyone else, please report any threads to me that were posted multiple times and I'll remove them.

Experienced users should know better.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ohh, I don't even believe in allowing Stickeys or Announcements in multiple forums. I try to keep them to a minimum too.