Drivers side parking lights on front not working any ideas? | FerrariChat

Drivers side parking lights on front not working any ideas?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 308GTS, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    My 2 parking lights on the drivers side front aren't working. The front drivers side on the bumper and the front yellow side marker light. They did work before I took the car in for some paint work. When I got it back they aren't working. I tried new bulbs. My rear parking lights on the same side work. Is there a ground or something that these 2 lights both share. I looked at the connections by the drivers side headlamp motor and all seem to be connected. Any info would be appreciated. Since they worked before I am assuming they forgot to connect a ground or something like that.

2. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    This seems simple to troubleshoot. First put a meter across the contacts with the switch on; I assume you'll get no current. Then test the hot side to a ground. If you get 12v then your ground is bad. If still nothing then you're not getting electricity to the light fixture. Once you know which wire it is, it should be easier to trace the problem. I have no idea what common wires your light uses; if you can get the wiring schematic it might help too.

Ken