Source for Jacket Patches | FerrariChat

Source for Jacket Patches

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ZINGARA 250GTL, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Can some one help me with a source for jacket and hat patches? Even my dealer (Algar) can't help me on this. Lots of hats and jackets and such but, no patches to use on your own.

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    DANG Gina!! You don't want to pay $26 a patch!

I got my in Maranello from Warm Up - they're at www.ferrarimarket.com . They said if I wanted more to contact them there (they speak English).

I paid 3 Euros each for patches, some were 4. I'll attach a pic of the jacket my wife made me for Christmas.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's A LOT o' patches! LOL

They even have the new USA 50th Ferrari patch. *****in'

5. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Here's the jacket (Gap outlet, maybe $30-40, two patches 3-4 euros each). I also put a 1.5" scudetto on a Gap polo shirt.

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Nice jacket Ryan! I need to find a girl that can hook up something like that. I never even thought of making your own Ferrari apparel instead of paying a million dollars for "Authentic" gear.

7. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Necessity (or desire without capital) is the mother of invention! I've done some t-shirts and whatnot for school and other things, and once you know the wholesale value of clothes it really taints you to buying most labelled clothes.

I had an acquaintence who worked for a raw clothing importer that sold cotton and poly products to Hanes, Polo, Tommy et al. When you realize a "high quality" polo shirt is like $2-8 before they put a 25 cent embroidery on it in Nebraska then charge $58.00, you start thinking twice...

But I got the idea when I saw some Ferrari polos and t-shirts in a car store that had Outer Banks brand labels and not Ferrari tags, I thought if I could get my hands on the badges I'd just make my own. I still buy some real stuff (screen printed tees and hats). I've looked into embroidery machines to do my own stuff, but they're pricey (and then I'd have to deal with the ethical/legal considerations if people wanted to buy stuff).

8. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    T-shirt from Wal-mart: $5
    Avery Iron-On Inkjet Transfer: $1.50
    2 Hours of Photoshopping out the background: Free
    Being the Ferrari Fanatic in your class: Priceless :D

9. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Of course, from a wholesaler anyone can get heavy white tees for like $18/dozen, which would make the fixed cost of the shirt like $2.50 (plus printer ink).

10. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    The Outer Banks brand is used by most Ferrari dealers, and is technically a licensed deal. It lets the dealer add the dealership name to a Ferrari product. Done with Ferrari NA approval. (doesn't lower the price any, though). FoD, FoW, FoNE all have legit Outer Banks Ferrari wear.

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Ebay for patches, Ebay for authentic licensed Ferrari clothing! Great deals if you shop carefully....I don't think it is worth the trouble to "make" your own stuff with sew-on patches.

I just got this on Ebay...$36 for a new, 1999 (98?) Tommy Hilfiger/Ferrari replica race team zip top polar fleece jacket. $6 shipping, came to $42!

Watch out for the knock off crap though....mostly comes from asia.

Geez, I shouldn't let you guys in on my "secret"! :) Only takes a few seconds for me to search through every couple days and see if anything new has posted on Ebay.

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks Mule - I didn't know that. Oh well, I figure if I'm not selling it I can make my own unofficial Gap Ferrari gear :D

13. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Those Testarossa lamps are quite attractive- but not at $850- WTF?What really strikes you is just how indiscriminate Ferrari are with their branding. There's some real fairground tat on that site. This is especially shocking when you think how vigorously they police their trademarks.

14. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The best part is that this is the store that literally shares its parking lot with the Ferrari museum there in Maranello. The place on the left when facing it.

Dave - yeah, there's some danger in messing up with the sewing machine when putting them on, but it can be undone. Eventually.