Mondial cab at Cherner Classics (Potomac, MD) | FerrariChat

Mondial cab at Cherner Classics (Potomac, MD)

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by cabrio_fan, Nov 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Does anyone has any experience with Cherner Classics in either Potomac or Annapolis, Maryland?

I've been looking at Mondial 3.2 cabrios for awhile but I've been holding out to see the red over black color combination. Cherner happens to have both a 3.2 cabrio in red over black and a t cab in red over black in stock. I'm taking a trip to MD/DC/VA at the beginning of December. Does anyone have any experiences with Cherner that they would like to share?

[OT side note - December trip to DC to include the grand opening of the National Air & Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles. Looking forward to it!]

Anyway, back to the topic, here is the URL for the Mondial 3.2 at Cherner:

http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_cardetail.html?x_dealer_id=AAD%3Dh&vinNum=ZFFXC26A1H0066491

Looks nice but seems a bit pricey. Especially since the red/black color combination is not as popular as the red/tan combo. Has anyone taken a look at this cabrio?

If someone lives in the MD area and would care to check out the Mondial 3.2 for me, that would be awesome. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts before I make the trip.

Thanks-

Mike

paulchua likes this.
  2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    cabrio fan - you have a private message, I can help you out

3. cabrio_fan

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Thanks WCH. I've PM'ed you back.

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    PM back at you, cabrio fan.

6. cabrio_fan

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    #6 cabrio_fan, Nov 10, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ingenere - I hear what you're saying in regards to t performance over 3.2 performance but I MUCH, MUCH prefer the styling of the 3.2 over the t anyday. Subtle -- but different enough for me.

WCH was kind enough to stop by Cherner and take a look at the Mondial 3.2 cabrio for me. One of his observations was a half inch gap between the convertible top and the windshield on the passenger side. Sounds like they didn't get the top fully closed or a replacement top is not installed correctly. This led to major condensation on the inside of the windshield. Has anyone encountered this before? Looks scarey to have that much condensation on the side hanging above the leather interior, dash, and instrumentation. Yikes.

WCH - do you mind if I post one of your photos here?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Cabrio, no problem. It's possible that the dealer had recently washed the cars, perhaps that morning. Photo taken about 2 pm, very sunny, 50 degree day.

8. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    thats what my Miata looked like after it was raining and I left the top down. I put the top up before it had a chance to dry out.

Never caused any problems though. FWIW

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I have red over black. 1988 cab. I really like the combination. Good luck!

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Beautiful car!! Best wishes, hope it works out!!

11. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
    This thread was resurrected from back in 2003! I wonder if the OP ever bought either of those cars. He hasn't been online since 2015. These were much newer cars back in 2003. heh