Schuey to race on? | FerrariChat

Schuey to race on?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by yesod, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
  2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I think they may retire together. Then again Ruebens may want his own shot at a title. Who knows but I think Michael will hang it up.

3. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    If MS wins the title this year, he'll retire....I'd like to see him retire as champion.

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    He will go all the way to 2006 but if next year or the year after he's not that competitive ,he will retire.

5. ianlow32

ianlow32 Rookie

Jan 12, 2004
    Personally, i dont think he will go all the way. I believe its a good thing for rubino to sign until 2006, for that would mean if Schumi nails a 7th championship this year or next, schumi may quit to leave Rubino as no. 1 and probably Massa and no. 2.

Maybe its Ferrari's way of repaying rubino for his loyalty over the last 5 years ... and giving him one genuine chance at a world championship. And by then, Alonso will probably be brought in a high price to take over Schumi's mantle. Probably in 2005 ot 2006.

That will also give Ferrai at least one more year to access Alonso to prove hes no one season wonder. Kimi would be great, but Ron will hold on to him .... and the montoya kimi era in McLaren will then rekindle the senna/prost era.

Webber will then go Williams in 2005, possibly with Button. Next few seasons will see a lot of change in teams and drivers, and will probably make racing even more exciting.

But Montoya has probably blown his best chance of a world title last year .. and i never feel he deserves it either.

6. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I think Ruebens really going to go for it this year,if Michael starts getting outperformed by him that may speed up his retirement.

7. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    I think you all have it backwards. I think the moment he stops winning he retires. He won't retire as long as he is winning championships.

Jean Alessi speaking of Damon Hill's retirement a few years back summed it up best when he said "...in racing you have extreme fun and extreme fear. Once you are no longer having fun all you are left with is the fear."

Winning championships is fun but losing isn't. Look at last season when he wasn't winning mid season and was at times looking like he was driving desperatly and seemed almost withdrawn.

My prediction, although I hope I am wrong, is that it will come down to MCLaren and Williams at the last race and Williams wil win. Schumacher will retire......

....and Reubens will fight for the title in 05 (which he won't win).

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net