OWING TWO ENZO'S AND THE REST !!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

OWING TWO ENZO'S AND THE REST !!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by kenyon, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani

I bet he got it used. I've seen a couple Enzo's selling here and there, he could easily have bought his 2nd one (or both of them for that matter)from someone else.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I am pretty sure that he got them new. IIIRC, Mr. Glickenhaus referred to a friend of his taking delivery of his second Enzo several months ago and then I seem to recall someone else saying (also months ago) that Mr. Ciaola was one of a handful of people that Ferrari flew to Maranello to give feedback on the car when it was in pre-production. I could be wrong on these issues but my memory is usually quite good.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    You are quite right.

4. FormulaRacer

FormulaRacer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2003
    #54 FormulaRacer, Jan 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Hey thats me in the background getting ready to go out :) I'm Pm'ing you for more pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    #55 FLATOUTRACING, Jan 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think you may have heard it from me (or one of my posts). I was told last year that Benny was one of 20 people Ferrari flew to Italy to gauge feedback on various of their initial designs for the Enzo (FX60).

I don't know Benny very well, though I have been on the track with him the past three years, mostly at the Glen FCA Labor Day weekend. However, for someone in his 70's (my guess) he has an incredible passion.

Interesting story. I had been running my 355 C chasing Benny as he was warming up his tires one session. After the session I walked up to him and made sure he wasn't upset that I was running in such close proximity of his 333SP. He joked with me and we had a very short conversation on his cars (F40GTE, F40 LM and his 333SP).

The next day he saw me at the Glen Resteraunt where we were having our FCA lunch. He made it a point to come over to my table and ask about my two twin girls and newborn son. He even remembered my name.

I thought that was very nice, since I had just met him the day before and I see at least a dozen different people every day walk up to him and ask him about his cars and such and introduce themselves. He must meet a few dozen people each day, most just casually saying hello and admiring his car but he remember my name and took the time to say hello.

I would be happy at age 70's to be able to drive the family station wagon around the Glen let alone the LeMans inspired machinery he drives.

Regards,

Jon
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Look to the left also. Isn't that's Steve Cox's 333SP?

7. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

That is Mr.Cox's 333SP- Hooter's Racing

8. FormulaRacer

Nov 18, 2003
    I've gone for rides with Benny, and his son (Alfred), as we are good friends with them. The f40 pictured above (f40lm) I was able to get a hotlap in at pocono a couple years ago when I first started tracking at the ferrari events, and it was a blast! Only one warning I got was not to look out the side window, haha...I soon learned why ;)

He has some of the best car collections around and is one of the nicest guys I know. I always look forward to seeing him whenever we do stuff with them, whether it be racing or just a night out for dinner, its always a good time.

Glad to see he's bringing smiles to somany peoples faces :)

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Why...?

10. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    In this month's Robb Report collection, the same author does another article entitled Enzo-mania.

11. FormulaRacer

Nov 18, 2003
    AS a passenger, at 170mph, your stomach does not like to agree with your mind. My mind was saying, "oh man this is awesome," but you instantly get dizzy when you look out the window.

Driving is another story, but as a passenger, going that fast, its a bit nausiating... after 4 laps I got used to it, and just keptmy eyes foward and it was all good.

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    If he let a journalist drive his Enzo, would you really be a pest? I mean, you are related. :)

13. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'm sure he'd let me if I asked. One problem would be if I scratched it, I'd probably cost him $10,000. Another problem would be moving the 20
    other cars in front of it!

14. amirgt2

amirgt2 Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I'm not a big fan of the looks on the Pagani but I gotta tell you I know of another big time car collector out here in California who owns an Enzo, F50, Zonda, several Lamborghinis, and a host of other beauties, who agrees with the Zonda being the best out of the bunch.

Personally, I'll take an Enzo and a Carrera GT and call it a day : )