Different 360 | FerrariChat

Different 360

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Jason W, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Still don't know if I like it or not... with the roof scoop and all.

It looks similar to one on the board, but I forgot the screen name.

[​IMG]

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Saw the car at the LA auto show - Didn't care for the scoop on the roof, but liked the hood.

3. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I also do not like the roof scoop. The hood doesnt do it for me either. I like the idea of a hood similar to the F50, but I think the angles are too sharp. They need to be smoother, and have good flowing lines like the F50's. I dont mean to bash this car! I would kill to have it in my garage. I would just make a few adjustments, thats all.

4. ddd910

ddd910 Rookie

Apr 4, 2002
    I don't think the Target roof scoop+hood match with Hamann front lip+side skirts.

5. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** If they need a vehicle that will float, get a Range Rover. The air scoop over the top looks totally out of place on a Ferrari. A bit of trivia, Enzo would not even build a car with turbos or AWD < in his lifetime>. I wonder if he was ever aware of the F40 and it's twin turbos? That would have been built during his last few months alive, am I correct ? Some of you Ferrari historians know the answer to that one.
    So leave a Ferrari ... a Ferrari and not try and make it a boat.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I don't think that's correct regarding the turbos - What about the 308 & 328 turbo models built for the Italian market to avoid taxes? Also, let's not forget my favorite - The 288 GTO!

7. I think the car looks fantastic, it's a breath of fresh air from all the red/tan/shields/modular wheels 360s out there that look exactly the same.

Il Commenadatore

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think it was ***** slapped by a ricer... then ate the ricer.

9. Looks like total rice to me might as well add under glow. The hood and the body kit is horrible even more the hood scoop.The Wheels are the only thing that are some what ok.

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I am sorry to say , but that was has been ruined. Sorry, but that is my opinion. Cheers!

11. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #11 Jason W, Jan 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. This is ok I dont like the hood but the HRE's look great.

13. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    As someone else has already pointed out, there have been the 208 turbo and (328) GTB/GTS Turbos, as well as the legendary 288GTO, sold to the public 4 years before Enzo's death.

But more importantly, perhaps, as we all, know, Formula One was Enzo's real passion. And Ferrari introduced the first of many TURBOCHARGED Formula 1 cars back in... 1980. And Il Commendatore's favorite driver of all time, the great Gilles Villeneuve, actually died in (an otherwise dominating) Ferrari turbocharged f1 car.

Just fyi....

vty,

--Dennis

14. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I saw a 360 that was the twin or that exact car with the roof scoop driving around today.

It was driving in pretty heavy traffic on Wilshire Blvd near Beverly in Los Angeles.

I saw about 6, no exaggeration, 360's within 10 blocks of this area today

I guess the recession is over.

It struck me as unusual and I'll leave it at that

15. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I like it, only if that roof scoop serves some function.(cooling,engine air intake,etc) It really irritates me to see all the non-functional doo-dads that are popping up on cars lately. That goes for the aftermarket as well as the Mfgr's..i.e the "Ram Air" '03 Grand Am with fake Ram Air hood scoops.
    Dave

16. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    I believe that 360 in the pic on the building was on the last Fchat Socal Drive.

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Read some books ...

The F40 was commissioned by Enzo Ferrari and he was present when they released it to the press, etc.

Enzo Ferrari would have built anything that meant winning on the track, that is what mattered to him, NOT how.

Pete

18. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    That 360 is f@#kin dreadful

19. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yes sir it is. that roof scoop is just god awful. That members one though is very nice looking

20. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Not my style

21. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the roof scoop has to go....I don't like it. I can live with the front bonnet. Are those scoops on the bonnet functional?

22. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Dave I'm with you. Although I do think the scoop looks out of place, but if it serves a function, that's fine with me.

The rims look nice, I have to admit. Ferrari's stock rims have always been beautiful, but these rims are a nice change of pace on the F360 (as long as they're not chrome).

The hood doesn't go with the F360, but again if it serves a function hat's fine.

The body kit however is horrendous.

I don't agree with adding stuff to pose, but if they serve a function then that's fine!

23. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The scoop spoils the whole thing.