'Rides' New Shelby Cobra Documentary | FerrariChat

'Rides' New Shelby Cobra Documentary

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ryalex, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Did anyone catch this last night? Cool to see how they build a concept car... I'm surprised how many things they built custom instead of raiding the company parts bin.

Anywho, I didn't like the pics of the new Cobra, but seeing it (and hearing it) in action kind of changed my mind - I kind of like it now. Although I think I might buy a Superformance Cobra instead...

One thing was that it was a well done, sensitive documentary - you feel moved when you see old man Shelby get all emotional and drive the car, and the team leader talks softly about how this might be his last big project of his life -- as you see the old guy lapping in the new car with a big grin. Almost car-guy Field of Dreams stuff.

2. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Here's 2 pics if you haven't seen it yet.

3. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Interior. Like the switches.

4. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I thought Rides would be a waste, but based on the two shows I've seen it really has something to offer! You can lean a lot.

5. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, I was worried it would be an intolerable pile of crap like Super2NR TV (although I like Funkmaster Flex's show, although too slow). Those blond guys are absurd - it proves that there is no justice in life that they have a show.

But it's turned out to be a serious documentary show, rather than a bling-bling deal where the narrator shouts over everything.

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Rides is a great show. i posted about the first one with the mustang rebuild. Great info and insight into complex processes. As far as the funkmaster it is disappointing- too much bs, puffy spouting crap about his 360, and who wants to see him phuck around in a monster truck. If it were all about DUB's and that scene including how to's i would like it.
    T

7. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i saw it and liked the show, how much is this car supposed to cost?