Shumacher interview------------- | FerrariChat

Shumacher interview-------------

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tonyh, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Very nice, thanks for posting!

Good to know someone's getting a nice winter holiday!

Popped an old VHS in last night while sorting the kid's room.
    Canada F1. There was Schumi in the Benneton, chasing Prost/Hill in Williams, passing Berger/Alesi in Ferrari, Senna was coaching teamate Andretti in the Maclaren, who of course, had terrible luck and broke down.

Micheal has worked a long, long time to get to where he is today.

Hats off to a celebrity who can protect his family, as he does.
    I see him more and more as a "working man", as time goes by.
    I myself, misread his public persona in the early years, and only more recently realise it was due to his private nature, rather unique in this era of grand standing self promotion.

He finally came thru with his autograph, via a mutual friend, Forza Ferrari!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What many don't know and he rarely talks about is, that he is investing a lot of his money into projects that benefit children in third world countries.

I think the man himself is a very nice and down to earth guy.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He has enough class in his pocket to feed the world. Tallent was never a question mark with him, the only real question was how far will he go? And now that has been put to rest.
    I have been a fan for ten years and I have yet to see a photo of his children, house, personal cars etc... Even the media respects this man, now that's saying something.

4. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Formula1 is considered the most popular sport in the world..is it not? I mean on a global scale. Relative to other sports, Formula 1 popularity level is way down on the scale if you look at America alone. I think that has a lot to do with Michael being able to keep his life somewhat private (especially for the highest paid sports person in the world....(is he still?)). I mean, the American media has the power to ruin the personal life of any celebrity. I think the F1 drivers are very fortunate in that they are not a focus of the American media.

From reading Schumachers interviews (have yet to read the biography, but will pick it up), and even just Todts interviews alone, I get the impression that Michael is not only a dedicated and loyal Ferrari Team Member, but a dedicated family man, and societal contributor too. Many people dont like hish cocky persona, which I think is a misunderstanding. I mean, he is confident, thats true. When he says 'I am the best' he is simply saying that because he IS infact the best, not only in my opinion but statistically, too.

A very intellectual man, at the top of his game, on top of the world, who only got there because of hard work and dedication, AND still remains a family man. Now theres a good role model for the kids.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    F1 is not very popular in the US for a variety of reasons (no American driver, more oval oriented society, only one race, lots of other sports), but has little to do with whether we know about Michael's private life or not. You are right, if there was a base in the US regular reports on Michael's private life would help, but first people have to even know about the sport.

Tiger Woods allegedly makes more money.

Every race car driver says he is the best. They have to. Otherwise why drive?

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil