2003 360 spider 4 sale | FerrariChat

2003 360 spider 4 sale

Discussion in '360/430' started by Teenferrarifan, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #1 Teenferrarifan, Jan 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guys I posted it on the old forum back in late october. The owner then decided he was going to keep it, and then about 3 weeks ago said it was time to sell it. He picked up an SL55 and says now he will drive this car even less then before. Which wasn't much. This car really is perfect black with red daytona seats with black inserts. Front and rear challange grilles and modular rims. 6sp not F1. The car has less then 600 miles on it, and has been stored in a heated garage since summer. Also posted on Ferrariads.com Asking $225,000 but negotiable.
    Erik
    P.S. I am not making any money off of this just trying to help a friend of mine out. Also if it does sell to an f-chatter I myself will give Rob something.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  3. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I see the brake rotors are rusting must have been sitting a while.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That depends, my car can look like that after only 2-3 days. It's just the dust.

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Actually that picture was taken by a fellow f-chatter Azzuro328 and the car was just washed earlier that day, and the rotors are zinc coated to keep them from rusting and turn that gold color for that purpose. Once the car was driven it disappears. Even my Suburban has Zinc plated rotors try spraying them with water sometime. :)
    Erik

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Oh BTW the car is located in Newtown Square, PA
    Erik

7. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Good luck, bordeaux is not something everyone prefers. I like the Modular wheels as I just bought a set for my spider. I prefer the shields with the car.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Shelbee I am with you the shields on a black car really set off the car. :)
    Erik

9. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch

Zinc plated rotors ?????????????? Wow, zinc that turns rust color.

10. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It really is a gold color but I think the flash from the camera did that. Notice the flash on the turn indicators. Not to sound smart, but when was the last time you heard of rotors rusting especially on a car a year old number one number two if you ever washed your car and looked at your rotors you would notice. Again not a smart remark just stating a fact.
    Erik

11. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    That was the point of my post... zinc is extremely hard to oxidize. That is why it is used to coat other metals to prevent corrosion. Take a look at a boat trailer; it is galvanized (coated with zinc) so it won't rust. The ONLY metal who's commonly found oxides are redish orange is iron. (true, there is red copper oxide, but its production and use is found primarily in the glazing and pyrotechnics industries)

The orange color on your brake rotors is hydrated ferric oxide. (rust)

Russ

12. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #12 Teenferrarifan, Jan 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Russ I just took some water and sprayed it onto my dad's brake rotors on his 355 and then came back 10 min later. Here is the pic. Should I tell him they are rusted?
    Erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    YES. Water, oxygen and iron = rust. Read my last post again.

14. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Alright I will tell him, and then after he goes around the block they will look good as new. So what was your point in stating brakes rust after wet?
    Erik

15. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Since this happens to every car when washed....what is the big deal about having a picture of it?
    Erik

16. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    He isn't making a point about that at all, man. It's not like it really even matters since, as you stated, the "problem" goes away as soon as you go around the block.

He is just stating that you were completely wrong in saying that the rotors are zinc coated to prevent rust, and that it is in fact rust on the rotors -- regardless of whether or not it just wears off.

17. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    hahahaha thanks Richard. Sorry Russ :) . I was just always under the assumption that the rotors were coated with zinc so that the zinc would react with the air and water and not the iron to keep the iron from rusting. Just a little misunderstanding. Anyone else think this?
    Erik

18. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Beautiful car :)

19. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Doc, this was my car originally. The interior is NOT bordeaux, but the earlier Ferrrari red which was discontinued about 4 years ago. I asked for it specifically, and the folks in Maranello found enough left to accomodate me. It is brighter than bordeaux, but not as loud as the currently offered red interior.

20. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks Mr. Brun I just talked to the owner and he didn't even know that. :)
    Erik

21. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Actually, that's a pretty cool color combo. Very nice.

By the way, the "rusty" rotors happens every time I wash my 360 as well. Certainly not even worth mentioning. Otherwise, everytime I washed my car I'd have to run around in a panic..."my rotors are rusted, my rotors are rusted! Call Ferrari..." The car doesn't have to be "sitting a while" for the rotors to look like that. By the time I finish drying my car, that's how they look. And that takes, what, 20 minutes? No big deal.

Do you have any closer interior shots? Not that I'm interested (have one already), but would like to see the inside. Thanks.

22. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Clax I have some somewhere on my comp will look later about to head out. I thought the interior looked cool especially at night.
    Erik