Would you put a stripe on a 360 Modena? | FerrariChat

Would you put a stripe on a 360 Modena?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 456mgt, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It had to happen, and now it has. I have it on excellent authority that someone here in the UK has fitted Stradale wheels, brakes, and yes, the stripe, to a 360 Modena. Wheels and brakes are one thing (the latter being either brave or foolhardy), but the stripe is another. Currently a Stradale signature, this seems pretty pathetic to me. A bit like a BMW 316i with M3 bodykit. Of course, I could be being overly sensitive about this :)

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I'd like to see a picture of the car. If I do something like that, I'd better have something to back it up. Like a pair of turbochargers. :)

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I agree that it is silly. To me it's the same thing I come across with my Acura. Tons of kids drivinf Integra LS models slap a Type R badge on there and drive it as if it is one. I guess they believe the saying "Fake it till you make it". I beg to differ. I see nothing wrong with upgrading rims and tires but the stripe shouldn't be there unless it's a Stradale.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'd go for pearlescent flames myself, like that cute lil' Hot Wheels car!

Or that cool holographic paint that change colors as you go by.

Bling bling.

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I don't like the stripe even on a CS, but I do like the N-GT bodykit. To each their own.

6. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    On paper the stripe sucks, however in person, it is fantastic. I saw a black one and a red one with it, I would do it in a second but not until I saw it. The quality of the paint work on the stripe is excellent. I know is sounds weird, but reserve judgement until you see it up close.

I am not sure the stripe puts the car that much more over the top than a stock car so why no go for it, today only happens once.

7. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    When those cars need respraying in 20 or so years time, it's gonna be damn hard to do that stripe.....

Yellow with a stripe must look awesome, anybody have a pic?

8. BJKim

BJKim Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    #8 BJKim, Jan 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just went to the Ferrari of Ontario yesterday. They have a very nice 360CS which has stripes on it. It was a sticker type of stripe, and I like it pretty much. However, it the stripes were painted, I would liked it more.

Here's the pic that I took yesterday
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    A modena without the Stradale body but the stripe will look weird...

10. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    As a kid in the late 60's and 70's, the coolest thing to me was an off center stripe. On a Mustang Boss they're perfect while on a 308 it would be the ultimate defilement. Looks okay in that 360 picture though, but I'll leave the stripes to the Lambo/Ricer crowd. They both seem to love extra stuff hung on the car for no appearent reason.

Ken

11. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I think you are right, to me it looks like the $5k they want for the stripe has little or no profit in it. Its more complicated than you think. The entire stripe is also the same level as the main color paint. It was fantastic on the black one I saw.

12. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Do you have a picture of that?