F40 Video | FerrariChat

F40 Video

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by allanlambo, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jasono

jasono Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
  2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! 80 views and no replies.

3. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I'm convinced. The 550 and the 330 go tomorrow. I'm getting a Civic!

4. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    So???
    I was driving my friends McLaren and got passed by a garbage truck. Does that mean I should go out and buy one???

Do you honestly think that a Civic in any form could really outperform an F40 with a decent driver behind the wheel???

5. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    like the saying "it's not size that counts, it's what you can do with it!"

LOL

Really, there can be thousands of reasons for this happening, like slick's on the civic, bad f40 driver, etc.

If the guy had been driving a lambo or a porsche instead of a ferrari, he would have been passed on the corner before... :)

Note: I am kidding with the last comment...

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    They're laughing for nothing...
    So the Civic passed?

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

He nice one :) ! But i disagree ..there would be no Lambo ..its a track..not Hollywood bvd ! ..;)

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    even is the civic did win god only knows how much money is in that car to make it go that fast and with all that aside even at the end of the day while hes riding in his sh*tty little civic home and laughing about passing a F40 The guy in the F40 is driving home and everytime he passes somebody there checking out his car becuase its about 3000 x better than any honda will ever be.

9. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I have had Honda and Acura cars most of my life, and I can tell you that the guy in the Civic was a good driver, but had very little to lose. If I was driving the F40 I would have got out of the Civics way so that he did not hit my F40!! The F40 guy was driving to preserve his car...still a funny video thought. :D

10. I noticed the pass but it didnt really look like the F40 driver cared that he passed he wasnt putting up much of a fight. Even if t was a real kill its still a peace of **** civic with no hub caps and stripped interior.

11. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    ...Hmmm, I bet this was a REPLICA F40 with a Fiero engine....

or else that F40 driver should've been Black-flaged for driving so freaking slooooow.

VK

12. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Saw the video over on Honda-Tech a few days back.

Nice reply Jon, on H-T.

13. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    What the f*ck is a cheap civic doing between those expensive cars??
    No wonder he wins he doesn't give a sh*t about his civic so he can do what he wants right.
    Look how slow the others are driving on a straight road and their braking way to early.
    These are all amateur drivers!!!

14. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    lol...I bet the F40 driver heard the fart can exhaust sound and started laughing and the next thing he knew...that fart sound was in front. Every time I heard a fart can exhaust I laugh to myself.

Maybe the F40 driver saw how close he was to his ass and decided to let him pass. Its better to have a civic in front of you than your F40 totalled.

15. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    So....??

The question is, did he win the race?

I would bet that he probably ended up like this street racer who also passed a "better" car.

16. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    I have a corvette thats probably quicker than an enzo, so what? Its still just a vette. Bottom line is any car can be made to beat another car. Check this vw. http://www.hpamotorsports.com/

17. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    If a civic and do that, just think what the NSX can do! ;)

18. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Does anyone have the video of the japanese guy going down the public road @ 200mph in a F40?

19. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Civics can out perform F40s...As much as i dont want to admit it LOL...I have seen many jap cars run 11s and 10s in the quarter mile...

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    a quarter mile isnt a very good estimate of how a car can perform. Ferrari makes there cars to go around a track faster than anybody else not go in just a straight line.but there are jap cars that do actually "perform" very well after they have god knows how much stuff done to them.On the same note though a Ferrari can go to Koenig or Novitech and come out performing incredibly well.Starting with a allready near perfect platform is mch easier IMO then starting out with a Economical grocery getter (i.e. civic). Why would you even want that car to go fast its not designed for race tracks its designed to go to the market and come home and be a safe and practical car.

21. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What a great video! I would have been cheering too, David vs. Goliath. Two quick experiences:

That video is at Road Atlanta and turn one is one of the best passing zones. I was standing in turn one for the SVRA vintage races a few years ago and took a picture of a fully race-prepped PINTO passing a lightweight E-Type into turn one. I'll see if I can find it, but you bet I was cheering!

Second story. I was doing a DE at Roebling Road with the Porsche Club and a friend of mine was there with his street Honda Civic. Admittedly suspension and tires had been worked over, but the engine was stock. FWIW he's an experienced SCCA racer and a very good driver. I was riding with him and we spent two laps hounding a 996TT until finally getting the wave by on the front straight. You bet I was clapping and cheering.

It's fun folks, lighten up!

Mark

22. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Oh you guys...... hahahaha

That is Eric....(forgot his last name). He has an integra gsr motor, double stacked radiator on one side the other side is open, race rubber, racing brakes and so on.....He is or used to be an instructor at the track. So first of all he knows the track like the back of his hand. I'm not sure if that is the same day I was there but I've seen him pass an F40 in the same spot. The guy in the F40 came down and "hired" an instructor for the week so he could learn the car in a controlled enviroment. I only saw the f40 pass 2 cars. He had been following a 348 and a 355 all day until the last run. About 1/2 down the front straight he all of a sudden just took off and shot past the 348 and 355 and never let off going through turn 1. It was amazing how much faster he was than the other cars when he hit the gas.

Needless to say the f40 probably was not floored and the civic driver is very very talented and has a mean little civic.

PS. that is the same day...just noticed the other cars in the video (black 996 with BBS LM's and the yellow 348 challenge). Anyways this was about 2-3 years ago not exactly recent hahaha

PS....again hahaha notice the guys on the starter stand?? I'm one of them hahahaha

23. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #24 L8Braker, Jan 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC