Would you buy a Maserati MCC? | FerrariChat

Would you buy a Maserati MCC?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Tim, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    if you had the opportunity would you buy an Maserati MCC? only 25 will be made for the public but will not be street legal in the USA - maybe can drive it in other contries. so if you lived in USA would you buy one?

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Tim
    They told me they are making a US street legal version and they said they'd get me one. I doubt they'll only make 25.

3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Tim,

What is your source of information regarding this? I find the numbers you are throwing out to be highly dubious.

4. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Silly question Richard, it would not be dubious of me to post my source on the internet. Maybe they will build more and maybe a US street legal version, who knows?

Napolis: how many have you heard they are making? Have you heard how much $, when they will be available? Etc.

5. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm not very familiar with the rules but don't they need to make at least 100 street versions of the car in order for it to compete in the series?

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I heard they're making 2 versions, and MCC race version and an MCS street version. Is that accurate?

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yeah, 2 versions. I don't know about this 100 figure - I thought they only made 25 CLK GTRs for the street... or was that for a different series than the Maser will be for?

8. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    I dont know about models or number of cars but back to my original question, if they make it for the street would you buy one? what if you had to pick enzo or maserati?

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I would go for the Enzo but I think the major problem will be that the Maserati will be selling that new car for less and you get the same performance as in the Enzo.

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I'd have to see the differences in price and performance. I'm guessing that the Enzo and Maserati will be very similar in performance and the Maserati will be approx $500k-- and seeing that $250k could buy me a 512tr, 993TT and 355 Spider, I'd get the Maserati-- but if I had the collection and money, the Enzo.

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry