BBi wheels | FerrariChat

BBi wheels

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mike, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have begun looking at a boxer (photos only at this point/out of state) and have noticed that it has the single spline hub which is different from what I have seen on other examples that have the knock off hubs.
    I was wondering if there are any advantages or disadvantages to the single hub vs the knock off hub and if that traslates to $$ when determining the cost for this vehilce?

2. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    No!

Mine has the knock-off "ears". I have seen both...........it depends on what country the car was made for. Some countries do not allow the "ears"............safety????????????

That is my understanding.

3. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    My thoughts too.... My car came with the three ear spinners, but I have seen some Boxers with the octagon lock nuts. I believe one of the countries that required them instead was Belgium.

I prefer the look of the three earred spinners.

4. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I too prefer the three eared spinner but is there any difference for price comparisons, when I make an offer? Also the dash on the passenger side is seperating what should I deduct for that. I just received the photos and haven't had a ppi don yet, that's to come when the N/E thaws.. Any comments?

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mike,

I doubt that there will be a difference in the asking price of a Boxer with or without three earred spinners....

But, if you want to buy a set of the three earred spinners to replace the hexagon ones, it's going to cost you $$$$ for a set.
    http://www.ferraripartsexchange.com/wheel%20accessories.htm
    They want $1,500 for a set.

As far as the dash repair goes, I would get a top quality auto upholstery shop where the car is located, to give an estimate of the cost to fix it.