Anyone from Napa/Sonoma/SF area? | FerrariChat

Anyone from Napa/Sonoma/SF area?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by TTG, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    I live in North NJ and am active with NY Tri-state group...I am traveling to Napa/Sonoma March 3rd-7th to do the wine gig and the last night in SF on Saturday.

Just wanted to see if I could hook up with some FChatters in CA for lunch, dinner or drinks.

Let me know...my email is [email protected]

Cheers,

Todd

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Todd,
    I don't live there, but visit a lot. May I suggest three things for your visit:

- Andretti Winery in Napa Valley.
    - Automobilia Diecast and book store in Napa Valley.
    - Ferrari of San Fran in Mill Valley. Great Italian restaraunt next store called Piatti's.

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

Todd:

Drop me a line in late Feb. At that time, the weather should be pretty good, and there will be drives at that time.

Art

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Todd,

I live in the Napa Valley and would be happy to meet you for drinks or dinner.

Vincent.

5. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Mule, Thanks for the info...definitely have put them on my itinerary.

Art, good to hear from you again!...I haven't been as active lately...swamped with work...I will reach out for you next month...Hope to have my 355 by then...THANKS!

Vincent, please shoot me an email with your contact info so I can reach out for you as the date approaches.

Btw, if you are out East (NY, NJ) don't hesitate to contact me...we have a very entertaining bunch of FCar guys out here.

Thanks guys.

Cheers!

Todd

6. pig4bill

pig4bill Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    I'll add one to the list: Stop by Sears Point if you've never been there. The BMW club is having an event on the 6th. I know you probably won't want to run, but it's quite a complex to look around. Or you might bring a helmet and ask around to see if you can bum a ride around the track.

I didn't know F of San Fran was in Mill Valley, that's funny.

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule

A couple of miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge off Seminary exit of Redwood Highway. A little too close to San Quentin Prison, I think.

8. pig4bill

pig4bill Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    I used to live up there. It's more than a couple of miles north, maybe 15 or 20 miles. I used to work about a mile from San Quentin. It was a pain when they were executing somebody because of the protesters clogging everything up.

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    "More than a couple of miles"? I guess I was enjoying the day and it seemed shorter.

10. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    If anyone wants to hook up, that would be great...Maybe a luch or something...here's a copy of the email my buddy sent me (he's in the trade and a few sandwiches short of a picnic) of the itinerary:

Weds March 3 arrive at SFO at 11:14am from a flight that leaves Newark at 7:45am. Drive to Napa, have lunch check into accommodations (everyone will always have their own room)and meet with Whitehall Lane for VIP (It will ALWAYS be VIP for us!) tasting, barrel sampling, reserve wine library etc. with Tom Leonardini, owner, and then he is taking us out to dinner which should be a hoot. Thursday morning, March 4th, open morning w/possible quicktasting/tour TBD and then Beringer tour/tasting (all tastings will only thebest!) lunch personally prepared by Beringer's private chef, then onto
    Cakebread for tasting/tour and then to Robert Mondavi for tasting/tour and
    then eventually out to dinner with Paul Hartley from Robert Monvavi Winery… he has an English accent, wears spotted ties with stripe sports jackets and pink socks…a real trip. (In b/w this will allow us to hit a gym or chase a rabbit or something)

Friday morn we leave Napa and travel across the Oakvile Grade (bring a camera) and hit Arrowood a 10 an then down to Carneros for a special meet with Bouchaine Vineyards. We are going to need your help on this one because they want to sell us wine and we need to seewhat YOUR reaction to it is. Then we will fly (actually drive because I lostmy helicopter license for doing dips)to Jordan just to check in and work out the security deal for our arrival after hours, later. Then we go to Chateau
    Souverain for all the fun and a dinner at their true Four Star Restaurant
    and drink crazy things. Sat morning is Breakfast at Tiffanys (Jordan) and
    then a tour/tasting including present releases of Cab & Chard and back
    vintages including your favorite 97' which I am sure will taste even better
    at the winery where it is stored without the truck drive thru Lincoln
    Nebraska. We may stop by one other winery Saturday and then we will head
    to SF for the night and fly (actually fly because it's too far to drive)
    back to lovely Newark in time for dinner with the family. We're going
    "casual" I will bring one sport jacket. It's probably going to be in the
    60's in Napa/Sonoma and I am sure it will snow when we are in SF. We have
    asked to limit our exposure on the tours, you've seen one you've seen
    them all and concentrate more on the wine, the soil, the root stock, micro
    climates, etc. Talk to you soon, stay healthy! LL

My email is [email protected]

Thanks guys!

11. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Anyone around in the next 4 days?

12. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I just spent the weekend in Napa and stayed at the Oak Knoll B&B near Andretti's place. Wow! What a great weekend. I only saw a couple of Ferraris on the road this weekend but there were literally hundreds of Porsches.

I drove down to Los Gatos to the Testarossa Vinyards. Had a great time there too. Saw a new Enzo and a new Rolls in Los Gatos at the dealership.

It was a fantastic weekend. Can't wait to do it again. I've got to buy a wine cellar now to store all my bottles that I bought while there.

13. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Thanks guys for the effort...I didn't realize how tight the schedule was going to be but it was absolutely phenomenal...They literally rolled out the red carpet for my friend who owns a load of stores in Jersey...AWESOME!

Btw, if anyone has the chance to stay at Jordan, do it...I felt like I was at a Chateaux over-looking Bordeaux France...awesome place and awesome wine.

Best,

Todd

14. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hi Todd, sorry I missed this, (Darn, I know someone at Souverain too.) hope you had a great time and will come visit again soon!

Jordan is excellent, I am in love with the whole area. I will always call it my home. (since the age of 18 months!)

Best!
    Ben.