Maserati running at Daytona 24 | FerrariChat

Maserati running at Daytona 24

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Word from the Risi Comp car
    1. The one being tested at Daytona was the prototype for the Trofeo and Trofeo light and was very tired.
    2..A totally new car will be running in the race.
    3. They have been working very hard to get the new car set up for the Daytona track.
    4. They think everyone will be surprised at how much faster the car being raced will be over the one they were testing.
    5. They will run the Maserati at Daytona only and then will run the 360GTC for the entire ALMS series and Lemans.

Looks like it could be better than expected by all of us.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I hope its true :)

Would love to see M4SER winning again.

But i dont get their choice..running the trofeo light for one race then back to Ferraris ?

Will the Trofeo Light never race again ?
    Have any other teams ordered a Maserati Trofeo Light ?

That name sucks btw..

3. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Risi Comp is very well known for their Ferrari efforts and I believe want to maintain their Ferrari presence. I would not be surprised however to see them acquire one of the Maserati MCC race prepared cars to compete in GT.

As I have maintained all along since Ferrari brought the Maserati brand back, I believe we will see Ferraris factory effort toward the F1 racing and the Sports Car racing will rest with the Maserati brand. I believe the MCC will do well to help strengthen the Maserati name and remind everyone of just how strong a racing heritage Maserati really has.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Thats what i was affraid of ..Ferrari might never really come back to GT racing :(

5. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Risi Comp will continue to run the 360GTC at ALMS and Lemans along with several other teams but the Maserati MCC will add a whole new chapter to the racing effort.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

haha, I know, right? How about "lightweight competizione?"