Do any of you DFW guys know about car electrical stuff? | FerrariChat

Do any of you DFW guys know about car electrical stuff?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I have an early version of a lojack alarm system in my car that I have never used, and don't ever expect to. With the problems the car is having now, I'm wondering if it has somehow killed the ignition. Long story short, I want to yank the thing out of my car, but I'm not exactly Einstein when it comes to car electrical stuff. Do any of you have a good understanding of the workings of this stuff and would like to volunteer to assist it the removal of this thing? I'll supply beer or whatever other poison you like.

2. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Jim-I don't have any expertise to help with the removal but I agree with your approach. I was having intermittant non-start problems when I first got the 512 due to the alarm and had it yanked out and no problems since. There are enough things that go wrong without complicating electricals with adding anything aftermarket.

3. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Jim, I could probably help you get it out. I've installed and un-installed a lot of alarm systems. I had the same problem with a Porsche once. E-mail me

Dan
    [email protected]

4. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Dan, I sent an email to that address, it bounced back. You can send me one at [email protected]

Thanks,

Jim

5. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
  6. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Dan, I just sent you an email for the 3rd time, let me know if you don't get this one!

Jim

7. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Yes Jim, I got your E-mail. I sent you one as well. Maybe next weekend we can tackle your project.

Dan

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Dan, thanks again for your assistance. I'm still amazed at all the crap we pulled out of there.

9. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Jim, your welcome, it felt good restoring your car back to it's original electrical condition. A job well done!