Another Rookie | FerrariChat

Another Rookie

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by NotRed, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NotRed

NotRed Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Drew Massa
    Hello F-Chat, my name is Drew Massa.

I have read back (for hours) your posts and I can see you are a very enthusiastic bunch.

If I can, I would be happy to field any questions you may have along the way about the Illinois Chapter.

Mike Epifanio (Mike E ) and I have been at this club stuff for over 12 years and into Ferraris long before that. Of course we don't have all the answers--but we will try to get them.

Hope to see you all at our events this season.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Glad to have you on board Mr. Prez.

Now we need to work on your and Mike E.'s post count. How about some good stories of past events? Or digging in the club's archives of some glorious past events, some pictures perhaps? Hey, maybe I can help out: I have been a FCA member long before I had my Ferrari.

3. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Or there's always pictures of chics..... :)

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very true. It is amazing how these cars act like magnets. At any given FCA event you find some first class ladies. I remember last summer one approached me and asked me about the prices/values of the different cars. I pointed them out first thinking she is into buying. Then I caught on to her and realized she just wanted to know which one is the most valuable. I showed that one to her and her next question was: Who is the owner? I pointed at the guy and that was the last thing I saw of her, she was on her way...

True story. Honest to God. And I won't reveal who that owner was. Let's just say he is a FChatter.
    :)

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Did Skip have the Enzo out that day? :)

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There was an Enzo out that day, but not near me. My car was surrounded by other 308, Mondial and...oops almost gave it away.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Which Show was it?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oakstreet

Actually I'm making this a bigger deal than it really was: I don't think that owner had much interest in this lady and that was probably the end of it.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I had quite a few,um,"Ladies" ask me that too,at the Oak St. show. Thats why I asked which show it was. That is pretty funny. "Gold Diggers" at the Ferrari show! Gotta Love it! :) If anyone asks me about the Value of mine? Priceless!!!

10. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Drew,
    Welcome to the board! I am sorry that I couldn't attend the meeting. I am interested in the upcoming agenda. Is there any way someone could post a synopsis? I am sure that a number of us would appreciate it.

Regards,
    Bill

11. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher

I posted some of the highlights of the meeting: check the FCA Board Meeting thread, page 2 if I remember correctly.
    The calendar for 2004 is on the FCA Chicago website. Lot's of events for this year. Does anyone know if the date for Automobili Italiene has been set yet?

Mike

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Didn't I put the tentative date into our calendar?

Don't have one with me right now to look it up.

13. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Andreas,
    It's not listed in your calender.
    Dave

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Next time, point out a 4.2 million dollar Mondial.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes it is: July 11

Tentative however. When I put the calendar together Mike E. told me, that it would have a new name, but it wasn't decided yet what that would be.

16. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    The date for the italian car show is July 11. I didn't list it becuse we were waiting for the new name.It has been decided by vote of members at the January board meeting to call it Automobili Italiane and will be at the Doral Eaglewood Resort & Spa in Itasca.Details and registration will be on our web site(www.fcacentralstates.org) by March.

17. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I hope you were joking about her being a 'first class lady' then....sounds like a gold digger. I remember a couple years ago my frequent summer car was a '90 348ts and I would have it parked someplace and go back out and there would be a girl and her friends looking at it. One time I walked up to them, 'Nice car. Is it yours,' just to see what they said about it. The reply was , 'I wish I knew the guy that drove it..I would be set for life,' and you could see the glint of 'gold digging skank' in her eyes as she mentally figured how to get and spend the money that was not hers. At that point I said, 'Excuse me,' and took out the key and got in. It was HILARIOUS to see the look on her face. At that point I said, 'Better luck next time,' and left. It was great!! :D

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #18 FerrariFrank1, Jan 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #19 FerrariFrank1, Jan 17, 2004
  20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hey what about those new Mc Donalds commercials with the jingle:

"I'm loving it!"

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #21 FerrariFrank1, Jan 18, 2004
    Yeah,Yeah...those McDonalds commercials... Hmmmmm.....Kind of wonder where they might have gotten the idea for that slogan.....Not that the McDonalds WORLD Headquarters is a mile from my house...I often wonder if someone from their Marketing Dept.saw me driving around in my Ferrari one day,and suddenly got a "Brainstorm" for a new slogan campaign....Or,Maybe attended one of the 2 'Bella Macchines' shows at the Oakbrook Polo Grounds,which,incidentally,are adjacent to the McDonalds WORLD Headquarters property. And,saw my car with those plates on it....And,the new commercials came out a little while after that....Hmmmmm..... It wouldn't also be,because in the first commercials that they showed with this new Slogan,there was a Red,"Ferrari-Like" car in the commercial....NAH!!! It HAS to be just a coincidence!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #22 FerrariFrank1, Jan 18, 2004
    Yeah,those McDonalds Commercials. Just like their new commercial campaign,please Allow me to "Rap" a little...."I'm NOT Lovin'it!,And I'm telling you why. Those new Slogan Ideas?,Well,I'm the Guy! I had it on my car on my License Plate,Didn't mean it was there for you to take!!!".... Yes,I've given it some thought!! Well,not much,really. I just thought of that right now. (HeeHee!!!:) ) I'm calling the National Enquirer!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah. Some Clown in the Marketing Department at McDonalds World Headquarters,(And I don't mean 'Ronald') Was probably out driving around,or attended the Oakbrook show,and,like a "bolt of Lightening" hit him,got a great new idea for a new Slogan and Campaign. He went to work Monday morning,(couldn't wait to get there,so he arrived at 7:00AM,waited,all nervous and excited and everything for his Boss to get in.) And told his Boss. "Boss,I think I've got a great idea for a new Slogan/Campaign". Told his Boss,then his Boss said,"Johnson! You're a freakin' Genius!! Thats why we pay you $150,000.00 a year. But,because of this,we're giving you a big raise,a bigger office, a new company car,a huge Bonus,and why don't you take your family on a nice Vacation...on us,anywhere in the World!!". Yup!! Thats what happened all right!!! :)

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually Mc Dees was willing to pay you some initial royalties, but then they realized that you're already affiliated with their competition from the Wienermobile. Right, FRANK?

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,what can I say? Gotta have your fingers in alot of pies!! :)