Ferrari collectibles in NYC | FerrariChat

Ferrari collectibles in NYC

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by itsarevolution, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    Hello everyone! I'd like to know if anyone could help me where to find Ferrari collectibles (accessories, pins, apperal, flags etc) in New York City. I prefer buying them after I see them in the store, but also websites you use to buy collectibles would help too :) Thanks in advance!

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    EXOTIC CARS AROUND 40S OR 50S..........

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    exoticar is across the street from 299 Park Avenue. Just a couple blocks north of Grand Central Station.

Aside from that Chinatown offers nice Girard Perregaux knock off watches.
    :)

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey! I didn't see any GP watches in Chinatown. :( I'll have to pay better attention next time. I had to settle for an automatic white face Daytona! :) There are also a couple of little shops in Little Italy where I found some Ferrari items.(had to look) Most of which I had never seen before, so they are probably euro-only imports.

Dave

5. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    any stores around midtown or white plains? and what do you think of getting a prancing horse logo tattoo on shoulder?

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Don't feel bad, it takes an expert eye to spot them...

Seriously I have been doing this for years. Probably spent by now more $$$ on fake watches than on one real one.

Forget the stores in Chinatown unless you know some of the sales staff. They're too afraid and have good stuff (if at all) in some back rooms.

The street vendors along Canal street, those that have only a window, which they can close within seconds if cops arrive, those are the ones with the interesting stuff.

They normally have like one or two Perregaux with the S/F insignia. I bought one around X-mas for about $ 80. That might seem high, but it is a damned good copy with a japanese automatic (not Quartz!) movement. Has the right looks and weight, including serial number and all. And I'm the first to admit it is a knock off btw.

PS: Once somebody wanted to see one of my many knock offs and I immediately pointed out it was a fake. They didn't believe and thought I was trying to show off. How's that for life imitating art?

7. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    HAHA! Yeah, I know what you mean. I shopped around and found a guy with automatic Rolex,Breitlings,etc that were near perfect. An hour later, when I came back to buy, their roll down door was down and they were just milling about.LOL! That did put a hamper on the barter process,but I did get the white-face gold/stainless Daytona and a white face gold/stainless Yachtmaster both for $90! I figure, I'd spend at least $100 for an everyday knockaround watch anyway, so why not. They are near perfect with the clear backs and everything. I will definitely look for the GP's next visit! I LOVE Chinatown! For Ferrari content, I got the Ferrari red and black colognes (big bottles) down to $10 for both instead of $25 each!!LOL!! Every major metro area should have a "Chinatown"!!

Dave

8. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
  9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I thought that Carbon's apartment had the largest Ferrari collection in the NYC area :D

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Absolutely! Our's in Chicago is dull in comparison. The best knock off you get here is a Luis-Vuitton purse. Big deal.

While in NYC they had a consumer alert on the local news warning tourists about these knock offs. What do you mean? The 50 Dollar Rolex is not real? Oh my gosh! Who would have thought! I'm outraged.

I always get a kick out of taking the newly acquired watch to a watchmaker place for adjustments of the bands. Did that once in Switzerland with a fake Rolex. They thought it was a real one, hehe.

11. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    There's a small F1 store in Little Italy, I think on Mulburey street, that's dedicated mostly to Ferrari stuff but had some other teams.

12. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    maybe it'd be better to order online :)

13. marcof1

marcof1 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Chicagland
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Just came back from NYC and was not that impressed w/EXOTICAR on PARK ave. Why advertise FERRARI 1/18 scale cars if you do not stock them. Furthermore, the service was not that great and the store itself was so small.

14. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    whats the best store to order online?
    ************?
    ferrariworld?
    etc?
    please help me out finding quality yet not so expensive ferrari stuff, thanks in advance everyone!

15. marcof1

marcof1 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Chicagland
    Full Name:
    Marco
  16. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    WWW.SPEADGEAR.COM is not working :) , that should be www.speedgear.com :) i checked them, they are good, maybe more trustworhty , ferrari's store is the best? any ideas? but they jack up the prices coz -> official

17. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Well someone has to make a living. Daytonas are about $18 in Shanghai, yachtmasters are $12. Just saw the first knock off GP ww.tc in gold last week. $22.

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

ROSSI IMPORTS...CORNER OF GRAND/MULLBERY ST