What tires/sizes for a 91TR??? | FerrariChat

What tires/sizes for a 91TR???

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by notoboy, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Sorry for the double post, but I urgently need new tires for my TR and would like to order them ASAP. Its definitely time to replace the old Goodyears, especially after flat spotting them with the old brakes (which have since been upgraded).

Two Questions:
    1) Do I go with original equipment Goodyear brand?

2) If not, what do you recommend (Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli) and what sizes (increase tread width or not)?

I have read the current thread abt tires, but I thought opinions may be different considering I use the car on the street only and at times even in the rain. I would greatly appreciate responses from people who have tried or know about the setup they recommend using with the stock 16 inch rims.

Thanks for the help,
    David

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I would've loved to add another 20~30mm to the rear treads on my TR too (plenty of coachwork back there ;)), but there just wasn't any selection of 45 or 40 series tires in 16" diameter (about a year ago) -- wound up going with stock sizes...

3. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi David,
    This is a great site for Testarossa information. It will answer many of your questions. It was passed on to me when I was looking for my TR. Here's the URL http://www.red-headed.com/ .
    Good luck,
    Jim

4. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks for the info.