Mother Leads Police on High Speed Chase to Get Son to School | FerrariChat

Mother Leads Police on High Speed Chase to Get Son to School

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ferrari, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    What in the world ? ? ?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/11704_nw_mom_chase.html

Fairbanks Ranch (AP) — Authorities say a Poway woman lead them on a high speed chase to get her 5 year-old son to school on time.

The ten minute pursuit ended just after 8:30 yesterday outside Del Mar Pines School, when officers arrested 44 year-old Stacy L. Taylor for investigation of child endangerment and evading arrest.

California Highway Patrol Officer Sam Shockley called the case "bizarre," adding: "I've been in chases of murder suspects, stolen cars or drunk drivers. I've never had a mother lead me on a chase to get her child to school."

Taylor's 5 year-old son, who was strapped into a booster seat, was taken to class.

Shockley says the chase began when a Volvo station wagon whizzed past him at 61 m-p-h in an area in a 45 mph zone.

When the officer pulled the driver over, he says she told him: "I'm not sticking around."

CHP officers say the woman then grabbed his citation book and took off, running several stop signs on the way to the school. She later threw the ticket book out the window of her car.

When he finally caught up with her, Shockley says the woman told him her husband had been yelling at her to get her son to school on time.

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats great.ha

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    WTF?? It's better to endanger your kids life and the life of everyone else on the road because god knows your kid has a higher chance of losing their life if they are not in their class on time......that's smart thinking.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i don't understand the picture... The article says the woman was driving a Volvo... Not that the picture isn't funny, i'm just questioning its relevance...

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    We get to see a woman bum, it's alway fitting.
    The pic is not related to the brainless mom story.