Zanardi Vid | FerrariChat

Zanardi Vid

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by yesod, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
  2. What happened to Alex Zanardi during his time at Williams? Why was he so bad, given that he certainly did not lack ability?

I've always wondered this.

3. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Yesod ;
    You and everyone else...including Alex.
    My only thought is that the Champcars were perfect for his style of driving, and the F1 cars had changed so much since he was last in F1, that he just struggled to change his style, and Williams ran out of patience, and Alex was worried to let his career end on a low note.....

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    People often say how easy it is to drive a current F1 car with the electronics helping you all the way.

Yes and no: It certainly became a lot easier to shift nicely, but any decent race driver can do that regardless. However keeping the ultra nervous cars with their grooved tires under control is though. It was though for Lauda when he tried out the Jaguar a couple years ago and he endlessly spun. And it was though for Zanardi.

I like the guy, but he never was a great revelation in his years as a test driver and definitely not when he came back.