Forza Magazine 360 Vs Maserati Spyder | FerrariChat

Forza Magazine 360 Vs Maserati Spyder

Discussion in '360/430' started by allanlambo, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I must admit, i dont normally read the articles in Forza, although i do have a subscription. Today with nothing to do, i decided to read the above article. Low and behold, i found it to be HILLARIOUS!

First, the 360 mysteriously decides when it does, and doesnt want to start. Then the Maseratis top, decides when and if it wants to open and close. Pretty cool how all that F1 engineering is able to make cars with minds of its own. I think it would be awesome to have a car that decides it doesnt want to start when im about to leave a restaurant, or a top that wont go up when its about to rain! That would be fantastic!

Lastly, i was rather amused by the last comment, in a strictly Ferrari magazine "Having driven Lamborghini's Gallardo, Ferrari's V8 powertrain still has a ways to go to match the Lamborghini's shifting characteristics and smoothness"

I think i should read Forza more often.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So ...you have just discovered that no car is bulletproof ..

Do you want a cookie ?

BTW, cancel your subscription if you dont read the magazine..Just seems the smartest thing to do.

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Where else would he get nice pictures to look at? Lamborghini's aren't popular enough to warrant an entire magazine devoted to the marque... :D

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    hmm...interesting, but true!

5. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I think that Allanlambo feels a little unhappy that f-cars generate so much passion, unlike any other manufacturer, bar the Pcars. He fails to see how the link between motor racing and car ownership can enhance ones attitude and feelings about their own road car. It certainly doesn't always mean that the actual road cars are necessarily the best if there is a heritage of motor racing behind them. Let's face it however. Every new sports cars performance is always judged through a combination of power,speed,handling,agility,brakes and steering. I suppose the ultimate yardstick, with respect to absolute sports performance, for any of these is whats available in motor racing. therefore by owning a car that has a strong heritage to motor racing makes many people feel that some of this "mystique" or know how transcends into their car. As I said this may or may not be the case. Knowing however that your car is made by the most successful(in terms of race wins/championships) race team in Formula 1 makes you feel prouder, makes you feel part of the "club" and will therefore incite passion. Even if F-cars stop winning races tomorrow this passion will linger on for years to come. All you need to do is look at the Bentleys drivers club and see the passion that they have-and they havent been racing properly since 1930!

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "I think that Allanlambo feels a little unhappy that f-cars generate so much passion, unlike any other manufacturer, bar the Pcars."

I know you're just baiting him, but I think Maui Al loves cars; has owned and owns great cars; has strong opinions about cars and, to put it diplomatically, the courage of his convictions; doesn't mind mixing it up with everyone who disagrees with him, most of whom he finds to be idiots; doesn't mind throwing punches low or high; and really, really enjoys watching punches land. You can argue that his Mama paid baby Al too much attention, he still craves it, and that's what all this board participation really means but, personally, I don't have the impression he sulks around Maui in his Lambo with his (from past photos) attractive companions worrying about how many internet buddies he's made. I think he's pretty straightforward and, if he can make me laugh while he does it, I don't mind him slandering my 575, in which I have a bunch of money but not much ego invested.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Smart man, except for the mama part and attention.

The rest of you, just keep trying to convince yourselves!LOL All of a sudden no car is bulletproof! Haha If a Lambo did that you guys would be all over it! 2 cars, one test, both with issues! Yes I LOVE FERRARI!!!!

8. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

Hey alan!

One of the main lambo independants calls lamborghini the 'rich mans paperweight' actually when i was there saw 2 diablo very rusty behind the bumpers being fixed. they rekon the build quality of Ferrari( which they also sell) is not brilliant but lambo is just plain bad!

Excluding the latest ones of course but thats only if you want passionless movement - in the case of the gallardo!! Our majoy motor magazine described it as 'a fast appliance!!!

9. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

I would agree w/much of what WCH has said above, seeing Allen post on another forum he is consistant with what he says and informative like it or not. As a NSX owner, that car has taken abuse which doesn't really bother me. As one that loves differing makes and would own many if it could be afforded, a time will come that a F-car will be parked in my garage or maybe a Lambo. I listen to those that have owned several differing cars b/c not many of us can say that. The respect of ones car is a matter of choice or ego. Personally I don't drive or own anything for ego, Porsche, Benz, Lexus, whatever.... its b/c I like it!!! no matter whats said. If later it turns out to be a POS, its gone and I've learned with enjoyment.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey, did i tell you that from personal experience the 355 is a slow, underperforming bomb that i wont even drive? Makes for a great girls car! What do you do with yours?

11. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Oh Im happy driving it safe in the knowledge that I have not wasted £140K on a gallardo thats going to drop in value like a stone, with an interior the same as my audi a3!!!!

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! You better pull your pants up, cause your about to wet yourself, when you see what happens to 355 resales shortly!

13. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

well ALL supercars are going to take a bath but the gallardo and to some extent the merci are going swimming!!!

14. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Allan - I've known you from the Viper boards before you bought your Lotus, and I will say this. Although sometimes you do say things in a deliberately tactless manner in order to get under some Ferrarichat skin, you do a fantastic job of pointing out some major flaws Ferrari has, simply because it is difficult to not get caught up in the "magic" and aura that the name Ferrari exudes.

I love Ferrari - I think it makes some of the most desireabe automobiles, period. But they do need to get on the ball and start pumping out some more powerful and especially torquey motors to truely stay on top of the exotic segment. Ferrari can't rest on it's Enzo laurels forever.

15. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I agree with these statements. I have to say, I can't see me buying another Ferrari in the near future. I may change my mind when the 575 replacement comes about. The 612 does nothing for me. Bummer. I may buy an F50 someday if I can afford it. I don't know if anyone has has this experience, but if you go to the Official Ferrari Owner's site, it's a joke. There are some good things there, but trying to get me to buy wallet's, ties. jackets. hats, knock-off paper weights...give me a break. There are a lot of readily avaialable cars out now, and cioming out soon that will give Ferrari headaches. Now, the current cars are a getting long-in-tooth, so the next generation hopefully will be up to snuff. As far as Lambo, not interested.