Paris this weekend | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Paris this weekend

Discussion in 'Europe' started by judge4re, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes Garretto, I`m sure; and France is such a big country. We know less about any Ferrari activities and sadly just 2 users are here from France on board...makes me wonder?

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

2. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Wolfgang - is it still snowing in the Plankstadt area? Nothing like that here...just more rain! :(

Cheers, MARK

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Mark, no snow right now but very stormy and the whole day raining;-(
    And the weather forecast says: Rain, storm, rain, storm....a.s.o.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

4. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    I hear you...I understand ...I am similarly depressed.

Cheers, MARK

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Mark,
    I want to go OUT & DRIVE!!!!
    Man, this damn winter sucks so badly;-(
    We have our dream cars in the garage and can`t drive them; isn`t this sadly?

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

6. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Yup - it sucks Wolfgang.

We should all spend the winter at my house in South Africa where the roads are good and clear of traffic....and the traffic police are prepared to "discuss" matters! ;)

Cheers, MARK

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Mark,
    is THIS a INVITATION????
    Man, take care, you should know me...always ready for take off to sunny places:D

8. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Wolf, you complain too much. But I know you are going to address this problem for the future ;)

You are in Europe for Christ shakes. Get you car out and go to the south of Spain, Italy, Greece what 12 hour drive or so?... or closer to you, the French Riviera.

If you have the time and money you have no excuse. :| Today there are no clouds in the sky here, bright clear blue skys, 16 C temperarture out here in Madrid now. So the south of Spain is probably in the 20s C, isn't it Alfredo?

I love to push the envelope :)

- Julio

9. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    One thing you will miss if you move from Germany though. There is no Autobahn anywere else. :(

- Julio.

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Julio,
    thank you so much....yes, the pic says everything too me!
    But its a damn 1.500km drive....pffffffff. If it wouldn`be so far, yep I would like to drive.
    And Julio, I know there are Autobahns in Spain....why not??? I have driven down to Portugal over the Autobahn and they are huge and superb to drive. Can you tipp the officiers/cops for speed-tickets in Spain:D?

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

11. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Don't even try it, at least in Spain, you can tip them and then sleep in a confortable suite in nearest jail!!! They have no sense of humor at all.

We have the roads, but with speed limits, and the Guardia Civil (military corp that is in charge of traffic control in national roads).

Seriusly now, things are getting harder here. Next January 23rd we will be in a similar point system to other European countries, 3 seroius offenses in less than 3 years and you are out of license. It is true that there is less policial preasure, and chances of getting caught speeding are less than in France or UK, but still, it is getting harder. This last year has been a really bad one, with an increase in deaths at the road, and that is pushing for more presure into controling the traffic infractors.

In highways the limit is 120km/h, up to 140 km/h it's fine, cops won't even bother, from there it gets bad. Over 160km/h will get you in trouble and, even with no other car in the road, it can be considered a seriuos offense, and it will probably end as a point in your license. (although I do not know how this applys to foreigners)

However in the south of Spain, specially in Cadiz, you will be near to Circuto de Jerez (the ex F1 GP circuit) where you can pay for time in the track to drive. I think this is possible 3 weekends every month if there are no events.

- Julio

12. wimeldo

wimeldo Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    (Spain)
    Full Name:
    Alfredo

To repeat it so many times, it seems that I presume too much... but, today it is also a wonderful day of sun and a temperature of 20º, in beaches, the countrymen of Wolfgang, are knocked down to the sun. :)

Greetings.

13. mlabiche

mlabiche Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Aroud Geneva Lake - AKA : Heaven
    Full Name:
    Marin Labiche
    There IS !!!! @ least one
    Okay in Exile in the swiss montain... But still french for a while

Cheer and enjoy !!!

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi mlabiche?!,

welcome at ferrarichat.com!
    Its a great world-wide community and I hope you will like it.

Ineresting post, so can you please enlight us a bit? Your profile shows a bit less to understand your post;-)

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

15. mlabiche

mlabiche Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Aroud Geneva Lake - AKA : Heaven
    Full Name:
    Marin Labiche
    Hi Wolfgang.
    Yes it is a very good community... Very usefull and full of information, and people seem to be encliened to share in mutual respect. Very pleasant.
    BTW I' ve updated my profile... ;-) Let me know if you want to learn more. .... But not to much, discretion is a natural ressource here AhAhAh

Cheers & Enjoy

16. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Marin,

Welcome to Fchat!

Ton

17. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello again Marin,

thats cool to know a bit more from a new member. Of course discretion on the www. and in a chat is very imortant. I didn`t want you to post secret personal infos about you; sorry if you missunderstand me.
    Anyway, enjoy this amazing community, fascination & passion of FERRARI...the reason we are all here.
    Maybe you want to join our Swiss meeting this year? Its very close to you and a great opportunity to meet each other & share our passion.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

18. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Greetings Marin - you have found an interesting site and one of the most useful places on the Net for Ferrari enthusiasts. Enjoy!!

Cheers, MARK