Enzo CHASH IN TAMPA... TRUE OR FALSE. | FerrariChat

Enzo CHASH IN TAMPA... TRUE OR FALSE.

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ronsupercar, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    I was speaking to a friend yesterday who asked me if I knew anything about the yellow ENZO that was totalled on a Tampa Highway.

I told him I knew nothing about it but I would find out...

Anyone ever hear of this ?

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    yes supposedly true. The guy owns two and his son crashed on. Will be sent to Italy for rebuilt. No worries, he had insurance and money.

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I guess it's no big deal as long as it will be fixed but could you imagine the feeling of cruising down the road in your dad's Enzo and to suddenly hit something, hearing the carbon fiber tear to pieces, and then dead silence realizing what you just did. That is a nightmare like no other. Is there any details as to what may have caused the crash?

4. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

It is probably some teenage kid from what I have gathered...if he was showing off and wrecked an Enzo he should have his butt kicked.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #5 BigTex, Jan 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Chenrezi

Chenrezi Karting

Feb 10, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Is THAT the crashed Enzo?? OMG!!!
    Is the kid alright? How fast was he going? That thing is hopeless... Do U guys think it can still be fixed to original specs? Anyone who buys it used sure as hell will have a great discount.... Or at least they better have...

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Because it's an Enzo? or Because it's a lot of money? or because it's his fathers?
    I have wrecked my fair share of cars, not all of them mine. Mommies car was the worst "dead silence".

8. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    He should not be punished any worse than if he wrecked any other car, that is based on intelligent driving. If he was a new driver, then it is his father's fault. If not, then he should get the same punishment as if it were a civic, the car is not important imho.

9. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Because he was being an idiot with a car that was not his...the fact that it is an Enzo just makes it worse.

10. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    That picture appears to be a 355 NOT and Enzo

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Respectfully, I must disagree with you to a point. Depending on how old the son is, the father may have some of the blame, but the majority rests on the son. Without accountability for driving like an idiot the kid will never learn. It is possible to drive the Enzo at normal pace and use it like any other car, so it is not like the kid was strapped into a missile and launched against his will. The kid should be responsible for his actions. Also, you would hope that the kid would be more careful with an Enzo than he would a Civic.

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    No, I think that is the F355 that burned to the ground in California after a 100 mph+ accident.

13. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    An Enzo is not a car for an inexperienced driver. You get to 100 MPH before you can sneeze and that's not even half way there. The father is to blame letting his son drive the car if it was the case of him losing control in a one car accident. But who knows, maybe someone was gawking at the car and ran into him! It MAY not be the kids' fault.

Ken

14. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Sorry...if the kid went out and was driving like a jacka$$ that is mostly HIS fault. The kid cannot just wipe his hands clean of this...unless he got hit by someone else.

I have been lucky enough to drive Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and lots of other cars since I was 16 and I would not blame my parents if I was being a moron and wrecked one of them. If you push the pedal, YOU are responsible.

15. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    I know the dad. Money is not an issue here.

16. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Then what actually happened??

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So there are 2 guys who own 2 Enzos ???

18. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    yes he now has two.

cant tell you who he is as I respect others privacy

19. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Andrew, quite a few people now have two Enzos. And at least 3 people have more than two!

The owner of the two Enzos in Florida also has a very special British car...the best one ever made.

20. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    This is nuts, I think rich people don't give a f*ck about their cars especialy the children of rich parents.
    They don't have to work for their money like their parents did.
    I saw it on tv some time ago, there was a guy who had a 360 and he didn't even know what kind a motor he had under the hood!
    The only thing he could say was, it is a fast car.
    STUPID

21. Mercedes_Benz

Mercedes_Benz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    I'd like to hear more on this issue. If the kid was not speeding, racing or driving crazy and some jackass cut in front of him or caused the accident then its obviously not the kids or the dads fault. But i can imagine a kid and a enzo = fast, so i am sure it has something to do with that.

22. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't think you can stereotype as broadly as this. I know poor people who are equally stupid. I have a friend who bought his daughter a Viper for her 16th birthday. When I asked him what he was thinking, he really couldn't understand why I thought it was a bad idea. With age doesn't necessarily come maturity and wisdom. I would never put my kid behind the wheel of a land rocket that could likely get them killed, but many parents (rich and poor) are blinded and think their kids are VERY responsible, and want to lavish every priviledge upon them, even if they aren't ready for it yet.

Now, this guy may be richer than many small countries, but I really think that anyone buying an Enzo has some appreciation for the car, I don't think most buyers are totally consumed with just the idea of owning one rather than an actual desire to own one for love of the car. Having said that, you can't tell me it wasn't a shot to the nutsack when this guy found out that his $750k Enzo just ate concrete. Rich or not, the "Dad I trashed the Enzo" phone call still boils the blood, and that is probably punishment enough. That and the fact that he just realized his kid maybe ain't as responsible as he thought, and the realization that the dad coulda been partly to blame for the kid being 6-feet under had fate rolled the dice a hair differently and the kid not made it out alive.

That is all, of course, assuming that the kid is at fault. He may have been run off the road for all we know.

23. udalmia

udalmia Guest

well i dont know about that.. example tommy hilfiger
    on tv i saw him driving away with an enzo saying it was a cheap car cause it had no power windows.. now he's a selfmade man, he built his entire chain himself, are you saying he doesnt deserve it?

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

This is nuts !

Did he used to have 2 of those best british car ever made ? :)

25. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I believe Hilfiger was kidding, he (or his partner) has a huge collection of classic Ferraris.. I'm sure he enjoys his Ferraris and deserves every one of them.