SBARRO 308/p3 recreation | FerrariChat

SBARRO 308/p3 recreation

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by msdesignltd, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Found a P3 recreation by Sbarro..appears very clean, and is up in canada, Anyone know much about sbarro's recreations...It is quite compelling ,the thought of driving around town in a high quality P3. Michael

2. pcelenta

pcelenta Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    In a quest to find some info on sbarro's bmw 328 cabrio, I came across the p3 replica...there is a site on the web dedicated to sbarro cars (I'll have to dig it up)...their p3 is built on a standard 308 chassis and the proportions are a little different...but it still looks great...Just out of curiosity, what is the market value of a sbarro p3?

have you seen the Noble P3? the UK produced replica...moncoque chassis...most use a rover v8 engine..though I am sure a 308 would work.

3. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  4. pcelenta

pcelenta Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    yes, that is the site...Mr. Sbarro was a modern day coach builder, seems that he is now dedicated to his design school. Gone on the days when you could send a chassis to a coach builder and have a custom body made for it...sad.

surfing on the net I found one of his p3/p4 recreations available in europe for usd 75,000.

5. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Can you post the address for that european site selling the p3/4

6. pcelenta

pcelenta Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    the second listing must be the car you discovered in canada...so I'm guessing that its canadian dollars.

7. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Exoticaronline.com's prices are pretty unbelievable- 400k+ for a 959 in the US? I believe Nick Soprano had 2 in the past year and sold both for around 300k, if not less.. He is asking the same price for a 355CH that most would for a 360CH- and I won't even get into the 348.. lol

Nice recreation though- beautiful. Can't wait to see the real thing.

8. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Hi, Guys.
    Sorry to have picked up on your thread a couple of months late. I think you will find that the Sbarro P4 shown on these two Interenet car sales websites are one and the same car. In fact, I know they are. The car is still located in Switzerland, and has been for sale for a good few years.
    If anybody is still reading this thread, and would like to talk about P4 replicas - Nobles, Norwoods, whatever ..... I'd be happy to chat. I run a register for them (see http://www.p4replica.com). We currently have records of 70 !! P4 replicas worldwide. Or email me at [email protected]. Here's a few photos of my own P4 replica:

http://public.fotki.com/P4Replica/my_p4_replica/

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Thos prices are ridiculous, so I checked where it is - Canada. I think chances are the prices are in Canadian dollars. I know the 360 spyder is popular but nobody is going to pay $300,000 USD.

10. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    ACCORDING TO XOTICARONLINE HE IS IN POSSESION OF THE CAR, I ALMOST TOOK A RIDE UP THERE! DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME!
    P4SKETT...THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR REGISTER...I GATHER YOU ARE IN GREAT BRITAN, I AM IN NEW YORK, I FOUND ANOTHER IN CALIFORNIA HOWEVER CANT GET OUT THERE EITHER. IF YOU HEAR OF ANY IN THE TRI STATE AREA FOR SALE PLEASE REFER ME TO THEM...AND YES I TOO BELIEVE THE P4 WAS FERRARIS FINEST WORK. MICHAEL

PS. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A TRUE 100 POINT RED/ BLACK 246 DINO FOR IMMEDIATE PURCHASE, ONLY TOP SHOW QUALITY CAR.

11. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Michael.
    Couple of recent updates made on this other Sbarro P4 thread, which you started in the Vintage section:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21625