Girl Scout Cookies | FerrariChat

Girl Scout Cookies

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jerrari, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    My 6 & 9 year old daughters are selling girl scout cookies if anyone is interested. I will ship anywhere in the cont. U.S. and will pay the freight for orders of 10 boxes+. Why? Because there is this snotty little girl in my 9 year old's troup that has been #1 for the last 3 years and she is a total spoiled brat. Her parents live on Lake Michigan and are "too good" for anyone w/ a net worth under $1 mill. The girl (Libby) laughed at my daughter(Carly) when Carly told her that she had sold 50 boxes so far, "my mom sells 50 boxes for me at work EACH DAY!" She also commented to Carly that it looked like her wardrobe came from JC Penney's. I want this kid to GO DOWN!! (figuratively speaking of course). Any help in my quest will be greatly appreciated. They are $3.00/box and we will be able to ship the end of Feb. Thanks, Jerry.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Is kidnapping out of the question?

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Sorry I can only buy from my nieces. Sounds like you have war going, I thought the girls must be the ones selling, not the moms. Good luck with your battle.

4. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    You got the mints? I got the cash! I want to meet in a dark alley NO COPS! And god help you if your wearing a wire!

No but really, Ill buy some for sure. Nothing like putting spoiled little brats to shame!

How you want the transaction to work?

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    All right listen hear see...you birds send me the chile and I send you the cookies see....and if I get one whiff of funny stuff, THE DEAL'S OFF! Actually, just send me an e-mail to [email protected], with your name and address, tell me how many you want (and what kind), multiply by 3 and if less than 10 boxes, add $5.00 for freight. Then just send me a check and you will get them the end of Feb. Thanks, Jerry.
    Varieties:
    1) Samoas (vanilla cookie covered in caramel & coconut)
    2) Thin Mints (self explanatory)
    3) Trefoils (shortbread)
    4) Tagalongs (cookie covered w/ peanut butter & topped w/ choc)
    5) Do-si-dos (crisp-n-crunchy oatmeal w/ peanut butter filling)
    6) All Abouts (shortbread w/ fudge on bottom & a special message written on them)

New this year:
    7) Lemon Coolers (vanilla cookies w/ lemon chips topped w/ powered sugar)
    8) Double Dutch: (chocolate cookie w/ semi-sweet milk choc chips...has a chocolate brownie taste)

6. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    So, Libby is nine years old and throwing around disses like, "your wardrobe came from JcPenny?" Ugh, I would hate to meet this girl when she is older. Talk about bad parenting.

Ugh, I HATE people like this.

You should sabotage Libby's cookies :) I would buy a bunch of boxes just to put that girl in her place, but I hate cookies.

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Her parents live on Lake Michigan and are "too good" for anyone w/ a net worth under $1 mill."

This reminds me of the scene in, wasn't it one of the Austin Powers movies?, everyone snickers when a $1 million ransom is demanded. Really, a "net worth" of $1 million? I'd see their 1, raise them 9, and ask to see their most recent Bessemer Trust account statement.

I'd buy your daughters' cookies, I really mean that, but yesterday evening purchased 8 completely unwanted boxes from a cute little girl down the street, and other local cute little girls are circling. I hope the new double dutch chocolates are good, I loaded up on them. Good luck!

8. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JERRY

I HAVE A 9 & 11 YR OLD DAUGHTERS//SO THATS ENOUGH SAID WITH GIRL SCOUT COOKIES...PLUS IM A DIABETIC AND MY WIFE IS A FITNESS FREAK.............

BUT ILL CONTRIBUTE 30.00 TOWARDS A DRAWING FOR A 1 000.00 KARCHER MACHINE :)

BRUCE

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Hey...that's an idea! Wait, I've got it...a drawing for a 360! Everyone send me $50.00/ea....no that's not enough...one hundred BILLION dollars (insert sinister laugh).

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If they are so damn good, why are they living in MI? This country is going to down the tubes the day the last kid who's parents lived through the great depression dies.

My wife and I would buy, but we're moving to asia in a couple of weeks. PM me the information, time to send the mother in law 10 boxes.

Cheers.

12. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    tork, sent ya a pm with my order, my ~!@#$$ outlook mail has not worked in a long time, i dunno why. sorry i had to pm you! good luck to you and your daughter! michael

13. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    How come the kid down the block charged me $3.50 a box today?m ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ripped off by a girlscout!

14. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I gotta rant on this one - sorry if this comes across as rude, but,

There is nothing that bugs the **** out of me more than "that time of year" when you get the lady/guy that sends the department-wide or company-wide email letting everyone know that they brought in girl scout cookies that they kids are selling. That's followed up by the 20 other parents who have kids also letting you know they have them for sale too. Now it happens on the web? Argh! Isn't it the KIDS that are supposed to sell the cookies? I thought the girl scouts were getting firmer on that? Isn't it depriving the kids of part of the character-building experience to offload the work of selling cookies for them?

And while I'm on a rant, while it does sound like the other girls parents are a couple of choads, its pretty bad to fight a proxy war through one's kid, isn't it? I mean, why load that much competitiveness into one's children - and if it's the child that desires to win so bad, shouldn't the child be taught that the other girl is already the loser in this situation? I dunno, maybe its just me, but the whole premise of the post sounds really bad. I think I'm probably reading more there than there is, my apologies if that's the case.

And for the record, I HATE girl scout cookies, but I always buy a crapload of them each year....FROM THE KIDS WHO TAKE THE TIME TO COME TO MY DOOR. I NEVER buy from the parents doing their kids work at the office. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Rant over.

15. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

16. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Mike, lighten up my friend.
    1) I already instilled in them years ago that it doesn't matter who wins and who doesn't, as long as they do their best and make an honest effort to do the best they can.
    2) I'm not asking ANYONE to buy more than they would have otherwise, I'm only interested in people who would not have bought ANY without my post. Doesn't this help everyone? If you have already bought some elsewhere or have a daughter or niece that will be coming by, DO NOT BUY FROM ME!
    3) I worked for everything that I have, as will my kids. I am not "doing the selling for them", simply trying to help them a little. Their troop will win a trip to a local camp if they sell x amount, so why WOULDN'T I help them.
    4) I have NEVER said a word to them about wanting to beat the brat out in sales nor did I ever infer that they should try to be #1, only to do their best.
    5) I am NOT one of those parents that carries the order form around w/ them putting pressure on all my friends & co-workers to buy my kid's crap (not that these are crap!).

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JERRY

TOO MUCH INFO...IF THEY DONT WANT TO BUY, NOBODY IS FORCING THEM TO.LET IT GO

BRUCE

18. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    judge4re ,

Care to elaborate on that? I understand the work ethic part but is the new lack of it the reason for your move? I've others talk like this as well.

19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Work ethic is one. Consumer debt is the other. This country no longer saves anything and we're in a race to the bottom in terms of costs. We've already started shipping what were high paying tech jobs overseas to India and China. America is loosing its competitive advantage. Nobody is going to win this one.

"When China wakes, it will shake the world." - Napoleon

I think someone is painting the eyes on the lion right now.

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JUDGE......................GET OFF THE SAUCE

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    "If they are so damn good, why are they living in MI?"
    Ya, I guess I should be offended.

22. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JERRY

YOU HAVE MAIL

B

23. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Can't access it right now Bruce, Comcast is down all of a sudden (again). I'll keep trying.

24. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    CALL ME IM IN THE OFFICE 888 882 6965

25. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Jerry: Performance Devices (me) will help your daughter out. (You have mail). I'll send you $50. Keep the cookies (or mail them to Carbon McDES). I'll donate, but I'll keep the carbs out of my kitchen!

Pete www.performancedevices.com