What special tools and tricks do you use? | FerrariChat

What special tools and tricks do you use?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by thomas_b, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    Did some serious cleaning today – it is amazing how much dust and gravel the 360 and especially the CS collects - I thought I start a thread about special tools everybody has - here are mine (all from various others sources):

- Wheel Hangers
    A must for the SC with its Carbon Brakes – I don’t want to hit the disks while pulling the wheel – e.g. P GT2 comes standard with these tools and a warning to use them – I got mine from Hill Engineering (sponsor) http://www.customferrariparts.com/homemainferrari.htm - a must for SC owners in my view

- Hockey Puck
    I use a puck on my jack – although I use a special low frame jack with rubber pick-up - I like the puck because it provides better ability to find a center position within the lifting point avoiding any chance of damaging the underbody

- Wooden Blocks
    To gain access to the underbody for cleaning I use four wooden blocks (11x3.5x17) – jacking the car up on each side and sliding two blocks under the wheels can be done in a few seconds

2. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    bonus picture

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The hockey puck is a clever idea. To jack my 308, I bought a small 1-ton jack at WalMart for $20. I took the wheels off it and it works great to get under the car to raise it.