A/C charge location - 308 QV - charge location? | FerrariChat

A/C charge location - 308 QV - charge location?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by LSU348, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Today I was poking around my A/C system with the intention of putting a charge into it (my Dad has an R12 liscense for just such an emergency). After removing the cover in the front of the car (and the spare and water jug) I found a screw cap on the high pressure line of the system. I could not find a low pressure cap anywhere. Upon a quick review of the svc manual it appears the charge point is on the compressor (on the engine). Is this correct? Sight glass is in a great place - I have a feeling I am missing something. I did not have the time to pull the wheel and cover to have a close look at the compressor.

Another question. When I did remove that high pressure cap freon leaked out of the connector/valve freely. I am assuming this is not to spec :) . Anybody have a part number for this little valve? I will get one from FOHou or online somewhere. I was happy to see I had some pressure. I am betting a quick charge will result in a working A/C...fingers crossed.

2. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    You do charge a 308 on the compressor. There are 2 ports, suction and discharge. Use the suction (larger hose). Now if you are used to working with a/c you can use the discharge port but I don't recommend it.