Saddam's 308 converted to military use | FerrariChat

Saddam's 308 converted to military use

Discussion in '308/328' started by Quasimotor, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Rumor had it that one of Saddam Hussein's 308's was discovered burried in the desert. A few handy privates took a blowtorch to it, cobbled some Humvee and Bradly parts and voila, a battle wagon that cruises at 120 and fires 1,500 rounds a minute. No need for reverse gear.

2. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
  3. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    LOL!! Man, I thought you were serious... :D

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, so did i...

5. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Hey! Glad you liked it. This is my own 308 - and I WISH it had a 50 cal. on top for those Honda a**h*les who like to show off whenever I'm in "obey the law" mode.

How do I make this into an avatar?

Quasi

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You have to reduce it to less than 80x80...
    Then, go to User CP, click on avatar, then upload the resized image...

If you want to skip resizing it, you can just use this one:

7. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    It never ceases to amaze me just how many of those freaks are out there! I've got this ivory 914 that only has 74 HP...but at least I can put 'em in the weeds if it's twisty enough. No sh**, you can out power this 30 yr old 4 banger..."yeah, I blew away this Porsche today." I'm pretty used to that.

In the Grigio 308, this happens all the time. So now I'm basically oblivious to it. However, once in a while you get a surprise. I'm on a stretch of 5-lane south of Seattle, middle lane just cruisin' around in a fast flow of traffic. The two lanes next to me, one the HOV lane, are empty fore and aft. It's night, so I'm scanning light profiles, keeping track of everybody...and out of nowhere, lights, a car's length off my bumper, high beams flash at me from behind...!

Where am I to go? I'm in the flow, the lanes next to my left are open...I wish this freak would just pass. Finally this 4-dr Focus blows by in a close aggressive manner.

10 miles later, traffic thins out and viola, I'm right next to this guy. The car is full of people. I slow down and give him "the whats up you dork look" and then motor on. MISTAKE, His LOOK was: "I always wanted one of those, but my 'X,' and I HATE you..." I had my foot into it (Sophia loves this treatment, as all our F-cars do) yet for about 3 minutes this guy was doing everything in his power to get me or prove something to his friends within his sled.

Whatever, but I often encounter hateful gestures of many sorts out there...It gets me thinking about counter measures of ALL sorts!!!

8. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Here's a subtle response you can use whenever this crap happens. Simply maintain pace in 4th gear. Let the idiot satisfy himself that he's got you, hearing your engine at high pitch. Then, just when he's telling himself and/or pals how he dusted a Ferrari, shift into 5th. And just sit there smiling. If he's too stupid to realize you've got an entire tach's worth of MPH ahead of you, he's too stupid to care about.

(BTW oh, Sophia is the car, I presume, not the driver - ah, yes. I wonder how many of us name our cars. I named mine Lola - "What Lola wants..." but my wife calls in Renzo. Hmm.)

9. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice work… I want one!

I mean, Nice work on the artwork and… I want one of those pretty privates, I just can’t resist a woman in uniform!!