Factory Visit | FerrariChat

Factory Visit

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by gts328uk, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Off to Italy in August so trying to take the opportunity to visit the factory. Anyone got the facory email so I can check if they are not on a shutdown.

Thanks

Mark

2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I think you have to arrange it through the dealers over here. I contacted them directly a few years back saying I wanted to visit. They said I had to speak to the dealers.

3. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    I gather that Factory visits for individuals who just turn up are impossible. They are only done through importers, sponsors of the F1 team, or owners' clubs and have to be arranged well in advance. So don't travel there on spec - because it sounds as if you won't get in.

However, there's still lots to do. Visit the Galleria (mildly interesting but limited), lunch at the Cavallino (terrific, and you can buy the plates & cutlery) and loads of Ferrari-goody shops around the factory. And just standing at the gate and watching them all come out on road test is fun enough....

Badge

4. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    Guys I am at the factory on 15th March, I had to organise it through my dealer which was no problem. As far as I am aware this is the only route as Ferrari will not deal with you direct!

5. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    That's right. I had a tour of the factory in April (just after Imola GP!). It was arranged by a freind of mine who owns a Ferrari and lives in Chicago. He was allowed to take 3 guests with him. I was lucky enough to be one of them.
    If you do get a tour don't expect too much. Our tour guide was a very quiet French girl who knew her script, but nothing else. I certainly knew more about what was going on in the factory than her. It's certainly a privilege to go on the tour but I'm not sure whether a real enthusiast will learn anything new.