Ferrari loses engine man | FerrariChat

Ferrari loses engine man

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    check out www.grandprix.com

Ferrari head of engine testing has left. Place is being taken by the man who has been managing Rubens engines. Interesting...................

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    i dont think it will be that much of a blow to Ferrari since Paolo Marinelli Is the true brains behind the engines that Ferrari F1 uses.

3. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Rob i agree the main man is still there,
    Rob could you imagine putting Dr.Mario Theissen(BMW)Denis Chevrier(RENAULT)Luca Marmorini(TOYOTA)Paolo Martinelli(FERRARI)
    working together on an F1 engine,they could be in my team all day thank you,
    Dale.

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Dale;

You got my vote there. One thing to remember the engineer that created Renaults wide angle engine is now at Ferrari working on Road car engines. i am sure that he is having a few disscussions with Paolo in the lunch room.

I would take any of those you have listed and have them design and bulid myself a 4 stroke engine for one of my dirt bikes any day.. :)

Rob

5. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Wow, the Beast on a wide angle V10 with 700 hp on a KX 3000. Cool!!!

Great on the straights, how does it do the whoops and jumps?????

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Rob if these guys were to make you an engine for your dirt bike im coming over to try it out,and try to buy the engine off you,
    Rob in your profile picture with you by the jag f1 car was that taken at a race meeting or was it some sort of jag promotional thing going on,
    Dale.

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I was thinking more in lines of a 250cc single with F1 tech i figure about 60 + HP :) Might look a bit funny with my fat butt pulling a holeshot at a 125 national :D Just image a dirt bike reving out to 18,000 RPM ;)

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Dale;
    It was taken at the Gauthie Classic in Scottsdale, AZ this past October. Jag was the main sponsor of the event so they had the car on display. About the only interesting thing there other than the Ferrari concorsso around the corner :)

Rob