History Channel, Tonight @ 9...! | FerrariChat

History Channel, Tonight @ 9...!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So i keep hearing on the radio that tonight at 9, on the History Channel, there will be some sort of documentary or something on Barbarians... Huns, Mongels, etc.... Unfortunately, i'll miss it, but i thought other folks who might be interested would want a heads-up... The radio ad makes it sound awesome... Although it might be a bit barbaric (sorry for the pun), it's still a part of history... If anyone watches it, let me know how it is... Thanks...

2. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    The History channel. Sounds cool but I think they should come out with the Movie instead.. R-rated of course. Talk about blood and gore....

3. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    It is "Barbarian Week" so they will have this stuff all week

I love it - I hate the typical WWI/WWII stuff... it bores me to tears. Bring on the ancient history!

Also I wonder if it is possible to sign up and be an extra in one of their documentaries. That would be kind of a neat thing to do and I bet they are always looking for people.

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So did you watch it...? Was it good...? Tell me, tell me, please...

5. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I'm just kind of randomly watching parts... It is still on I think ? Unless you were going for a specific show. Basically what they are doing is having actors play out some scenes and commentating on it. Pretty standard, cool stuff though.

6. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Ah actually now they are showing the "real spartacus" This is an old one. Still pretty good though if you haven't seen it. Kind of an interesting event.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i remember watching I Claudius on channel 13 when i was a little kid... It was like a 6 month series, on once a week on Sunday nights... It was pretty awesome...

8. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I got to watch some of the Vikings part tongiht. It was pretty decent as I am an avid Viking fan and learned some new things about the history and progression of the culture. It appears that they are focusing on two specific groups a night. Vikings and Goths were tongiht's topics. I would recomend it to others if they are interested in the topic and have the time to watch.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    TCM, cool... i remember the radio mentioning Goths and Vikings along with Huns and Mongels... Sounded really interesting...

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    NNO,
    Those would be proper names for American Football teams - not sissy names like "Dolphins," "Seahawks," "Browns"...
    Think of the possibilities: Cleveland Huns, Miami Mongols, Seattle Goths...

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!