Vino e Cucina, The Italian Food and Wine Event of the Year | FerrariChat

Vino e Cucina, The Italian Food and Wine Event of the Year

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by notoboy, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    If you are like me, you also love great Italian food and wine. I am the Executive Director of Gruppo Ristoratori Italiani (GRI), a not-for-profit association of the country's leading Italian restaurants.

Every November, Gruppo Ristoratori Italiani brings you a memorable evening of exquisite Italian food, wine and culture. Join us on November 11, 2003, from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Toy Building at 200 Fifth Avenue in New York City for Vino & Cucina, an annual fundraiser with proceeds supporting the education of young culinary students.

Guests will have an opportunity to sample food from 16 great Italian restaurants from across the country. Over 90 great Italian wines will be poured, from prosecco to Super Tuscans. Visit our website for a listing of the restaurants and wines at www.gruppo.com.

I love Italian cars, culture and cuisine, and I know several of you do too, so I thought I would tell you all about this great evening. I hope you can join me at the event.

David

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    How much per person? and hows the parking situation?

3. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Tickets are $75 per person and $90 at the door. There are several parking lots within a 1 block radius. We are still trying to organize valet parking for the event for those who wish.

I would not recommend driving a Ferrari to the event, bc I still haven't known a garage in all of NYC that treats Ferraris with respect, unless you have a monthly in that specific garage.

4. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Wish I could go but I have tickets to see Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen at the Beacon Theatre that night...It sounds like an awesome event. I went to a preview of the 40 Top Producers of Brunello Di Maltacinos at the Grand Hyatt today...WOW...1999 Vintage is going to be MACK DADDY!

Peace,

Todd

5. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Todd,
    I'm envious. I was in the office till after 9:30 preparing for this event and others that are coming up, just wishing I could be there tasting the wines...

6. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Notoboy... cant make this one either. But please keep us informed of future events like this one. Sounds great!

7. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Notoboy,
    Keep us informed...this stuff is right up my alley.

Cheers,

Todd

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Hey David:

Sorry but I am unable to attend this event as I have class on Wednesday. Darn. I would have loved to see this.

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Keitht let me know if your ever going, i can lend you my ID :)

10. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I have been to this event many times and is very good, good food and good wine - can't beat it. say high to tony May

11. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    Sue and I want to go sooo badly. I can not get off work that day evening. Damn.

12. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Hey I made an avatar, thanks Barney.