What's this car worth? | FerrariChat

What's this car worth?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 04-E55, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 04-E55

04-E55 Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    Though I am not a member as you all are I do visit every now and then to read some posts as I am very interested in buying an F-Car someday. If and when I get mine I would be going for the 360 Spider.

For now I am hoping you all can help with something. A friend of mine left his 96 F355 GTB when he left the country on a last minute notice about a month ago. He now wants me to sell the car for him as he will not be able to come here to do it himself. The car is black/black, 6 speed with just over 29,000 miles. The car has only some service records to about 10k miles. The overall condition of the car is very good, no accidents, interior is in very good condition considering the years, dash showing very minimal shrinkage if any, seats look great headliner pretty much in perfect condition. The exterior: paint nice and straight, both quarter panels repainted due to stress marks (whatever that means) and some minor scratches, front and rear bumper repainted. Car never been wrecked or crashed all original (aside from paint). Car bought by him about 8 months ago and has no proof of records tho he believes it has had the 15k service. Mechanically the car is perfect and I can vouch for that as I have taken it out a few times, both exhaust manifolds replaced just before he purchased it(using QV London manifolds). With that what can I expect to get for it assuming I list it on eBay, I feel that would be the fastest sale. Thanks in advance.

If you need additional information in order to determine the value I would be happy to provide it.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Based on the limited information, I would say that $60-$65K is what that car would probably bring. Of course, some of the prices that I have seen on eBay are ridiculous for cars for a given mileage/condition so you never know. It's going to need the 30k major, no doubt, and the paint work on the fenders takes away. Stress cracks on a 355? I have never heard of that but of course people do all kinds of things with their cars that I could not imagine. Where is car now and where has it been living for most of its life?

3. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    On Ebay- $65,000 or less. No major service done, I assume.

4. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    Stress cracks can appear on a 355 Berlinetta where the "C" piller connects to top of the rear fenders, right on the edge. This is generally caused by excessive body flex. Not really a big deal, but it does take away from the car. If I had to guess, I would say this car has seen some track time.

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Where is the car located? Are there many near you?

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Location?
    Service Records?
    VIN?
    Pictures?