Header removal/used 328 Tubi | FerrariChat

Header removal/used 328 Tubi

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by snj5, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Is it possible to remove the exhaust system, including stock exhaust manifold, in a Mondial without dropping the engine?

Would there be a market for a used Tubi silencer (USA spec) for a 328/Mondial 3.2 ?

Many thanks
    rt

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Are you interested in selling it? If so, how much. You have the whole exhaust setup, I already have the hyperflow race pipe bypassing the cat. Email me if you are interested in selling it.

Thanks

3. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Russ
    You can pull both front and rear manifolds on a 308 w/o pulling the engine. You need to release the shift shaft, engine mounts, maybe the coolant hose (which has some flex) and raise the front mount enough to pull the header. As far as I recall, you also need to pull the passenger gas tank. I'd think the 328 is similar and image the Mondial and the GTB/S are similar in the relevant portions of the frame etc.

What are your plans?
    HTH
    Philip

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Philip
    Thanks!
    I'm thinking about selling the US manifolds, Stebro test pipe and tubi in favor of a set of European s/s tuned manifolds and a QUIETER free flow muffler system with a lower tone (Larini seems good). It sounds like a 355 race car now, and a bit much for me when I'm not in the mood on a DC commute at 6 am.
    Will also look at making plugs for the air injection nozzles - those dudes apparently stick way down into the exhaust steam.
    We'll see - not really in a hurry. Would be nice to match the new cams to a better header.
    will decide next couple of days as to let tifosi69 and others interested in the parts know.

best
    rt

5. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Russ
    I have the specs for the 308 GT4 Le Mans headers somewhere. LMK if they'd be helpful to you.

FYI, my car was slightly louder with the P6 cams at idle and definitely makes more noise under WOT. I think you'll hear it a bit more with cams. Tubi makes (or at least used to make) headers for the 308/328 series. None of these options are cheap or quiet. just got to use a light foot around town.

6. jedsnephew

jedsnephew Rookie

Jan 2, 2004
    RT,

I would like to buy your Tubi and Stenbro, if they are still available. Drop me a line at: [email protected]

Thanks,

Mike