Young race driver---Wow!!!! | FerrariChat

Young race driver---Wow!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Take a look at this:

www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/9427/

A 12 year old winning in the Skip Barber series and following it up the next day in the rain by winning by almost 30 secones the nest day. Sounds like this is a young driver who bears watching over the next few years.

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    12 year old? Wow!

Wish I was able to do the same when I was 12.

I'm keeping an eye on this little guy..maybe he's a future F1 World Champion.:)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh my gosh, there is real hope for the US!

12 year old in Formula Dodge and winning is perfect! Hope this kid never has a serious accident. Wait a few more years (18 is the minimum in Europe to get a driver's license) and you'll see him in a F1 actually doing well. Whoa!

I always feel bad for the guys past their teens trying to get into racing. Buddy, you missed the boat when you were 3. Forget it, unless it is gentlemen's racing for fun. This kid has it all going for him. Man, there is hope. Finally a US driver. Finally. Forget the rest.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I wonder if the guys at Red Bull would consider putting someone this young into their mix of drivers that they are giving drive opportunities to?

If he is doing this well at 12 years old, how much better can he be with some good training and more maturity?? This could be a real rising star. Only time will tell.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, the Red Bull initiative would be a good next step for him.

I just hope his talent won't get wasted on IRL or Nascar. Remember we once had Jeff Gordon as a F1 hopeful. What a shame.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually let me take that back: He really ought to go to Europe, UK ideally and participate in F3000 for a few years. Then Red Bull.

If you want to make it big, you have to participate in an European series, hardest competition and best visibility.

7. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I was watching the Gold Star racing thing on the Discovery channel and a lot of those little kids had talent. Thing was when interviewed they all said they wanted to go to NASCAR or the IRL.