I got pulled over for speeding yesterday. | FerrariChat

I got pulled over for speeding yesterday.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I was in Colorado on buisness yesterday when it happened. I was driving back to the airport in a rental 2004 Lincoln LS. I see a cop coming from the opposite direction, so instinctivly I look down at my speedo. I thought I was going a acceptable speed, so I did not slow down. The cop flips around and pulls me over. He walks up to my car and tells me he pulled me over because I was going 72 in a 65. 7 mph over the limit and he stops me. He asked why I was in such a hurry. That question caught me off guard for a minute because I was going 72 in a 65. I finally told him I was had a flight I needed to catch and I was about 2.5 hours away from the airport. He insisted that I was only 1.5 hours away and that I would be fine. He went back to his car and ran my license. He came back and just issued me a warning, and kept insisting that the airport was 1.5 hours away. I told him I was using a GPS and it indicated 2.5 hours. He said that he never believes those things, and sent me on my way.

Well, it turns out the airport was 2.5 hours away, even with me still speeding. I barely made my flight, the flight attendant told me if I was even 5 seconds later he could not have checked my bag. Yes, I was speeding, but 7 mph? Give me a break. If that cop was not so bored, then I would have had made my flight with 10 minutes to spare. 10 minutes is not a long time, but compared to a few seconds it is huge.

To top it off, my warning is in the Colorado Data base now, so if I ever get pulled over again in Colorado, the cop will see my warning and most likely give me a ticket. Dirty cops!

2. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Where were you when you got pulled over? Need to know the local speed-traps. ;)

Craig

3. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003
    I was in Alamosa. I am not sure of the highway I was on, I was just following my GPS.

4. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Well, you were definately more than an hour and a half from DIA. Could have been worse I guess. He could have actually given you a ticket, AND you would have missed your flight.

Craig

5. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003
    I was actualy flying out of COS.

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sux, but at least you only got a warning and not a ticket AND a missed flight... I have had several tickets in different states, and it's been freaking absurd every time... 60 in a 50 (4 lane highway - in traffic), 40 in a 25 (rural highway in HI, but in front of a tourist trap's parking lot), 80 in 65 (following traffic flow on NY Thruway, picked out of crowd). I always seem to be the example.

I a heart attack back in Oct though, was driving on the interstate in NH following the traffic at 80mph, in left lane alongside an 18-wheeler center (3 lanes); I look into my rearview and see HP lights on blazing towards me at 100mph+ - they flickered the siren. My heart stopped as I thought "NOT AGAIN!" Then the cops swerved and FLEW by me on the shoulder. For a split second I thought they were taking evasive manoeuvers to force me off the road! They sped off, and I calmly resumed speed and changed my underwear.

Almost as scary as the time I was driving my ma's Caddy on the NY Thruway, 60 yards behind a pickup hauling furniture - I watched in slo-mo as the cords snapped and a large upright bookself *flew* of the frickin truck and smashed into the lane in front of me. All those years of Daytona and Sega Rally paid off...

7. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    The cops in the US are crazy. I remember driving from Moline to Chicago and driving the usual 100+mph like I do in Europe. Got to the airport and called my friends in Moline to say I had got there safe, and they thought I must be half way! They couldnt believe I had driven so fast. I didnt see the point of driving so slow considering the closest living thing to my car was corn fields!