355 with the top up! | FerrariChat

355 with the top up!

Discussion in '348/355' started by 007, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    It's been a fairly cold winter here in the desert. It's not to those of you in the northeast, but 40 to 50 degrees (above) is cold to some one who has spent 20 years in the heat out here. So I had the top up and forgot what a pretty car the 355 is with the top up. It is a different driving experience with the lid on. Without the wind noise the engine noises are even clearer to me. This time of year you really gotta like the Ferrari version of heated seats (engine heat). Here are a couple of pics.

2. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Amazing ! I love cars with the top up..it gives them a sort of retro look. I actually prefer cars with soft tops than those with those new retractable tops ..

More More !! :)

4. markrolf

markrolf Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Kettering, UK
    I agree, the car looks excellent.

Just wish I could afford one now......

Mark

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I agree dude, i have had mine for one month and have never had the roof down yet. Just out of interest my spider is the barchetta rosso is yours? Its hard for me to tell.

6. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Amenasce, I agree the soft tops make the car look
    so much better.

007, I'm sure 40-50 seems cold to you but get a jacket
    put the top down and crank up the heater.
    You will enjoy it!!
    I have driven convertibles here in St. Louis when it is
    in the 20's.
    The Car looks beautiful.

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'd kill for 40-50 degree weather. Thats the kind of stuff you wear shorts and a tee shirt in. LAst week it was -15, but felt like -30 with the wind chill during the day. It is currently 9 with a wind chill of -2 where i am.

8. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Try building homes in this crap. Paying for heated water to pour foundations, couple of grand a month for propane to heat the homes until the furnace is on, at least one or two calls a day about frozen or burst pipes in 500k + homes. Plus my 355 is frozen to the floor. Really, I park my F-350 right next to it and when the snow and ice melt off of my truck it pools around the tires of the 355 and at night it freezes solid. I'm building a new home with a 4 car instead of 3 plus a work shop. I'm gonna heat this one.

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Put your Ferrari on a Car Mat, the raised edges will keep the water from your truck off of the 355.

10. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Jim, thanks for the advice, but what does a fella from Dallas know about ice? Perhaps I should print a copy of your profile photo and tape it to the windshield. If it doesn't heat him up enough, at least the picture will keep his mind off of his cold feet..

11. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Awesome pics. Were they taken in Arizona or Nevada? sweet background in the first shot.
    Erik

12. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron

Me too although it's not that cold here in jersey although it feels like it.Come on spring...car looks great,007 in a ferrari hmmm.