Performance Racing events- Byron - need your skill | FerrariChat

Performance Racing events- Byron - need your skill

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jselevan, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    As some of you have had the opportunity to see, Laguna Canyon has some interesting characters. A group of F-Chatters visited Jim Busby's shop and his F-1 collection, along with his BF-Goodridge CanAm series cars.

Another illustrious member of the Laguna Canyon Club is Steve Lewis (who is a personal and dear friend and a great guy), owner of Performance Racing, formerly a magazine for racing trade and now a promoter of Sprint Car events that occur the evening before the F-1 and the Indy event at Indianapolis.

Steve is promoting a race at Irwindale in March, and wants to entice the Ferrari Community to bring their cars and friends. He will set up a special parking area and, perhaps, a display of Ferraris on the track before the event. I received the following e-mail from his assistant.

"Dear Jim,

I work for Steve Lewis and he asked me to email you. I am trying to get some information on Southern California Ferrari Clubs. Do you know a club and who I could contact to receive a mailing list or e-mail addresses to personally invite their members to our events?

I look forward to talking to you,

Nicole Aguilar

Nicole Aguilar
    PREMIER RACING ENTERTAINMENT
    31706 S Coast Hwy
    Laguna Beach, CA 92651
    ph: 949 499-5414 ext 3028
    fax: 949 499-6399
    email: [email protected]"

If we would like to get together as a group for this event in March, perhaps Byron, who has demonstrated his organizational skills, can put together a package that works for everyone. Steve is quite motivated to get the Ferrari enthusiast crowd out to his race.

Thanks.

Jim S.

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jim,
    Thank you for the kind words. We might be able to set something for the Ferrari Driving Club if there is enough interest. You never cease to amaze me with the vast array of people you know in the racing community! :)

Please have Nicole contact me at [email protected] or I'll just drop her a line one of these days to speak with her about the event she would like to plan. We are always open to new ideas! Btw, I will be out of town between this friday and wed of next week for the Cavallino Classic and work, but can be in contact via email.

Thanks,
    Byron

3. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    This from Nicole - pardon my ignorance.

"Dear Jim,

Thank you for all your help in promoting our event. Attached is a current press realease that you can add to your link. Also please note the Mopar Twin 25's is an USAC Midget event not a sprint car event. When our marketing materials are printed I will make sure you will receive them.

See you in Irwindale,

Nicole"

USAC STARS GO FOR THE BIG MONEY
    IN 2nd ANNUAL MOPAR TWIN 25’s IRWINDALE,
    SATURDAY, MARCH 27, 2004

LAGUNA BEACH, CA — Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 27, 2004!

That’s the open wheel opener for the spectacular 2004 Irwindale Speedway racing season, and it’s going to be BIG, with the return of the Mopar Twin 25’s Irwindale!

Start with a list of all the great USAC drivers: Steele, Darland, Drake, East, Lewis, Wise... Add J.J. Yeley, who made history last year by winning all three of USAC’s national championships before moving to Joe Gibbs’ NASCAR racing operations this year. It was a feat duplicated only once before, by former NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion Tony Stewart.

Now, add the unique racing format of the famous Mopar Twin 25’s, where the winner of the first 25-lap feature starts dead last in the second 25-lap feature. Next, post the gigantic ARP $50,000 bonus prize to any driver who can win both feature races, and you have the formula for one of the most exciting new motorsports events of the past two years.

“The Mopar Twin 25’s format has generated press throughout the motorsports world, and delighted millions of race fans in the grandstands and on national television,” said Steve Lewis, of Premier Racing Entertainment (PRE), Laguna Beach, California, producers of the event. “With the hottest drivers in USAC—plus J.J. Yeley—competing for the big ARP $50,000 bonus prize, we guarantee a night of frantic, wheel-to-wheel racing action you’ll never forget!”

The 2nd Annual Mopar Twin 25’s Irwindale is presented by Mission Foods. Associate Sponsors are Racer Magazine, MSD Ignition, Calico Coatings, Gigante, Vital Express, Probe Industries, Guerrero, Corteco and Turbines Inc.

Kicking off this year’s Mopar Twin 25’s will be an exhibition of the latest motorsports craze to invade the U.S. from Japan—Drifting. Starting at 5 p.m., there will be two 15-minute sessions of drifting, a dramatic new form of motorsports where smoking tires are everything, organized by Slipstream Global Marketing.

Festival of Speed

In addition to the Mopar Twin 25’s, PRE has added a spectacular new motorsports event to this extraordinary day, at no additional charge! It’s called the Festival of Speed, providing the region’s race fans with a rare opportunity to experience Southern California’s rich racing heritage on display and in action.
    PRE is raiding the finest race car collections in the region—both private collections and museums—to provide race fans a glimpse of some of the most famous Southern California race vehicles all in one place. The So-Cal Speed Shop Belly Tank Lakester, Chrisman Brothers & Cannon Hustler I, Greer Black Prudhomme dragster, a replica of the Agajanian Willard Battery Special that Parnelli Jones drove to victory in the 1963 Indy 500, and many more. Over 50 vintage race vehicles! Plus many of the racing personalities who drove or wrenched these cars!

We’ll fire up some of these great cars on the 1/8th mile drag strip, so race fans will get a chance to hear them roar once more!

In addition, the Festival of Speed features the ‘stars of tomorrow’ in exciting quarter midget racing action on a purpose-built race track in the Irwindale Speedway parking lot.

So, come early and stay late for the Festival of Speed and the Mopar Twin 25’s Irwindale. Ticket prices are $20 for general admission, with children 12 and under admitted free. Reserved ticket prices are $25. Admission is free to the Festival of Speed. Contact PRE at 800/515-8445, or go to www.twin25s.com.