State of the Union | FerrariChat

State of the Union

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Horsefly, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Couldn't help but notice the displeased looks from Uncle Teddy Kennedy and Diane Feinstein during the speech. Perhaps the scattered distribution among the Democrats in the Iowa caucus means a faltering unity among the liberal community.

The way I see it:
    Gebhardt was on Face the Nation yesterday extoling the wonderful virtues of his tax plans like "we did during the Clinton years". Anybody who wants to return to the Clinton years is destined to become driftwood on the political beach.

Dean has aligned himself with some of John McCain's cronies who are doing their best to eliminate the First Amendment by preventing groups like the NRA from running "infomercial" type TV programs that even MENTION any political candidate or party within 60 days of a general election. The Supreme Court ruled in December by a very close split decision that such "informercials" were actually political advertisements if they even MENTIONED a candidate or party. There was disagreement among the court itself because the decision effectively rules that any special interest group could not even voice their opinion on a program that THEY WERE PAYING FOR. Not exactly Freedom of Speech as we know it. The whole legal wording is buried deep inside the Campaign Reform Act which is basically just another cry of desperation from the Democratic Liberal camp who can't stand anybody who agrees with the Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms.
    But Dean pretty much "threw in his own towel" with his ranting and raving speech which sounded like a junior high school football coach rallying his flyweight team members for a first down march in a "Podunk versus Sleepyville" football game. Yawn. Who cares. And not really presidential material. Guess he should have spent more time at speech writing class during his college years instead of lounging around the ski lodge with a bad back while his high school classmates were hiking through the jungles in Vietnam looking for Charlie.

Kerry emerged the victor in Iowa with all the blessings of Uncle Teddy. Onward to New Hampshire and some more liberal rhetoric. Will the voters in New Hampshire "buy the goods" from Kerry and Teddy? Only time will tell. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. WHOOPS! Sorry about that one Uncle Teddy.

2. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#2 maranelloman, Jan 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun. Have another drink there, Ted.

They started in with their "richest 1%" undertones. Pfffft! They just don't get it. They are in denial.

- Gabe

4. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun."

Now THAT statement needs to be made into a bumper sticker!

It does seem as though Dean has some issues that might best be covered in the DSM-IV manual. I see he started singing the Star Spangled Banner in response to hecklers yesterday.

Puppet mastery and ventriloquism has come a long way since Charlie McCarthy and Edgar Bergan - you could hardly see Cheney's lips move during Bush's entire speech.

"Dean has aligned himself with some of John McCain's cronies who are doing their best to eliminate the First Amendment".....let us not forget the right wingers getting the movie "Regan" taken off tha air, the Super Bowl refusing to air anti-Bush commercials and the Secret Service bannishing protestors to "free speech zones"....free speech 'zones'!!!???? WHAT country are we living in??

"Anybody who wants to return to the Clinton years is destined to become driftwood on the political beach."...I don't much care for him, but we were a debt free nation and I made avg. of 29% on my stocks during his admin.

But what amazes me most about America these days is how easy it is to buy us off - a yearly $300 tax refund promise and most Americans are willing to sell their souls, freedom and future. I do not agree with the Dems wanting to tax the hell out of us either....I support fiscal responsibility, which neither party seems to be able to do.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    mark, you would have made more than 29% on your stocks in 2003 alone, if you were in the market at the right time......