You have to have a look at this article ... | FerrariChat

You have to have a look at this article ...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PSk, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Where are these cars now?

I want the 250LM! and/or the 312T5 (or 4)!!!, I'm not fussy :)

Pete

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I cannot believe that this has not caused a stir!!!. Is this old news to you guys and girls or something?

Pete

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Yes, in three ways. First of all, all of this took place a long time ago. Secondly, that article is over twelve years old and, lastly, Steve Adnaan posted those on Tom's site after seeing them here on F-chat:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6214&page=2&pp=20

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Oops ... :D

Pete

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The author is right, truth is stranger than fiction... That's just bugged out...

8. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    On a somewhat unrelated note, I have that issue somewehere in my house. I remember there was an article on future Ferrari's, with artist renderings and speculative info. Just curious if any of those ever came to be, I don't remember what was in the article, just that it was in there.

9. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've got that magazine right here. It's the Road & Track special Ferrari edition that came out in the 1991. My scanner's not operational now or else I would scan the cover and post it. One of those "new" models was tentatively designated the "GTO 2000" with an artist's rendering. From the looks and description of it, maybe this is what the eventual F-60 become, but it's hard to believe they were thinking that far ahead back in 1991. It's described with a "quad turbo V8, active suspension, non-pneumatic tires, aned computer generated ride height. Top speed, 230 mph."

Another one they mention is yet another incarnation of a 512. However, from the description and artist's rendering, I think this is what eventually became the 456 with its front engine V-12 and 2+2 seating.

Also interesting is that Ferrari was thinking about creating an all-wheel drive prototype called the 408, but they quashed that idea because "current thinking sugests that centrally mounted engines obviate the need for all-wheel drive".

Finally, the last one mentioned (or at least pictured) is a model the magazine calls the "Dino 2000", a V-6 runabout. Maybe this is what morphed into the 355 "

There's a lot more in the mag, including the aforementioned article about all those old Ferrari's locked away in that barn.