Ferrari Dinner November 1. | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dinner November 1.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    For those of you on the fence, SIGN UP! Let's not leave Rob holding the ticket for an event he planned for US!

I'll be there, with the Ferrari. Even if it rains.

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Sorry about your situation, Rob. Since I cannot go, I asked 2 people who could be interested, but they also cannot go either. I don't want to send anyone. Do you have probation time to change your head count? I agree totally the price is very good for a course dinner. I guess it's just bad timing. Let me know if I can be of your assistance.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'll get the FCA to pay me back if we're short of 15. Right now we're at 11, we can handle up to 30, so everyone invite anyone and everyone.

4. 360Stradale

360Stradale Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    What time was it again? ... (maybe I can show up late)

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    7pm. I'm sure you could show up late as 8pm and still catch the food.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks everyone for coming. As expected, we had a small turnout of only 11 people and 4 Ferraris. The food was great and the owners were very nice to us. I promised them we would do it again next year and get our usual turnout of 30 people and 10+ Ferraris. They said back in the early 80's they had a Ferrari event with 24 Ferraris! Maybe we could try to beat that. :)

7 of us continued the night at Dukes.

Next FCA DFW events the 2nd Tuesdays outing at TBC and then the Norwood tech day.

Nov 11 Second Tuesdays Gathering @TBC Karting 6pm. To get general information please contact Rob Lay at [email protected] or 817-874-1963.
    Nov 15 Tech Session @Norwood Performance 9am. Spend several hours asking technical questions and watching technical procedures by qualified mechanics. To get general information please contact Rob Lay at [email protected] or 817-874-1963.

A region wide event is coming up at TWS. I'll be there with the Challenge car.

Dec 6 South Central Region Holiday Dinner, join members from around the South Central Region for our second annual Holiday Dinner at Cenare Restaurant in College Station Texas near the World Speedway. Contact Al DeLauro at (210)495-3733 or [email protected] or Grady Owens at (281)320-1822 or [email protected]

7. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#7 maranelloman, Nov 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rob, FYI, it looks like we're going to have to push the TWS event & Holiday Dinner off a week, to 12/13.

Seems the geniuses sponsoring the track event (I got b!tchslapped the last time I posted criticism of this particular dealership group prior to their event at TWS in September, so I will leave it to your imagination who it is) FORGOT TO RESERVE THE TRACK for the 6th, and the Porsche Club grabbed it instead, with a firm deposit. LOL! The following weekend is open, so, pending confirmation tomorrow, it will be in the 13th instead...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Great!, I won't be able to do it that weekend. Jennie graduates that weekend. That disappoints me a little. Really looking forward to have the Challenge on TWS. I guess I'll towards an early year Drivers Edge event, that will be on the 2.9 anyway.

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Not related to the thread.

ROB, please tell Jennie for OMEDETO from me for completing school. Now she's ready to make killing for your new toy! What're you gonna buy next?

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    She just got her first job offer Friday from a Vascular Surgery practice. She can work on my main vein. :) First thing is I need to buy her a house without window AC's, floor heater, duct tape, and snakes.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Picture time...

12. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    What "picture"? We can't see anything here, or is it me?

Rob, you can build a new house on your property. Or are you thinking to move to somewhere?

13. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    let's plan a party for jennie.

14. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas