Speedgear.com having a big SALE | FerrariChat

Speedgear.com having a big SALE

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 007, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I just ordered a bunch of Ferrari gear at speedgear.com. They have a big clearance this time of year. Lots of F1 stuff, and some really cool die casts. I also ordered the Ferrari memo cube for my desk around x-mas and it is really cool. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Disclaimer time, I have no financial interest in this company or any of it's owners or management, bla,bla bla....

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Thanks for the heads up on that!
    Saved me some $$$ that I was about to spend elsewhere...
    plus I got some deals on other stuff... a lot of other stuff.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I went to the site to check it out and it was so slow I gave up. I did a search on "Ferrari Polo" and got 43 pages returned.

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    agreed, speedgear has a great selection and sale prices but their website sucks. most of the time you can't even get the pages to load. i've also heard that their customer service sucks, especially if an item is on back-order or you have to return something.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    searched and searched and waited some more.

over the last 4 or so years, I've written those guys telling them that they need to work on usability and actually a bit more speed. it is quite easy to help them out, but... lack of response.

I'd try to jump in on a sale, but it's difficult to navigate, or, it is easy to navigate so long as you have an hour to spend waiting for each page to pull up through their wacky navigation.

if you come across a neat-o product, throw up a link and I'll see if I can hit it, or a description would be nice too. some of the sale items don't seem too onsale, but I'm sure I just can't locate them at the moment.

6. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    I always buy Ferrari stuff from them...Great sellers...

7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    It was a little sluggish for me... but not too bad.
    They have it broken into lots of tiny pages... having a tabbed browser can help a ton in those situations... but I actually didn't resort to tabs in this case.

8. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    I didn't see big sales :( ....

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I got their catalog with the sale prices and I'd like to order the 1/18 Ferrari 2003 GA. But I'm afraid I might end up with a rebadged 2002 model.

Which models on page 28 do you think are actually the new car?

I'm thinking c) only for certain as it mentions the shark gills in the description. I so hate it to get the wrong car...again.
    :(

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I found a Red/Black Ferrari Shield hat for $9 and a Newman Hass 1994 Mario / Nigel Autographed and # Lithograph for $15.