Barber | FerrariChat

Barber

Discussion in 'New England' started by Tom S, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    To get off the Tunnel Rats and on to something more benign, I'm doing the Skip Barber 3 day race school this coming May. Has anyone else here done this or any of Barber's schools and have any info, impressions or experiences to share?

Tom

2. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    I've done the Barber 3 day school 2X, and a Barber one day event. They were all great! Are you doing the open wheel cars? They are a blast. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to polish their driving skills. Go for it and have fun!

3. chrisoutzen

chrisoutzen Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    sudbury
    Philippe from Ferrari NE had a driving school event at Lime Rock last year which ended with the Barber instructors driving shotgun with us in our street cars. It was a blast to hit almost 150 down the front straight (legally.)

I have a video of some of the action here.

http://www.theoutzens.com/limerock.html

BTW.. I'm in the blue 360 spider.

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Welcome to F-chat Chris - nice video. Its a fun place to drive isn't it!

5. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Fun Video, thanks for sharing!

6. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I'm doing the VIR three day course in May. Which one are you looking into?

7. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    dopplemax,

I'll be at Limerock Park in CT.

8. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    who crashed the 360 and how do you get insurance on the track ,do you need a special ryder or do you lie "Ya I just did not see the black ice patch ,,,,,,,,I know it a bit strange to have ice in june ,,but it was a bit of a late season cold snap"
    Looked like a great day
    DAVID

9. chrisoutzen

chrisoutzen Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    sudbury
    I think the driver would probably like to stay anonymous. Unfortunately, he only owned his 360 for a short time before this happened. Believe it or not I was told that Limerock's track is a Conn. state Highway. So as long as the accident happened during a non-competitive and non-timed event his insurance should cover it. I'm not sure this is true but for his sake I hope so.

--Chris

10. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    I was once at Lime Rock with another car club for a track day. One driver came with a rented Toyota Supra because his car was in the shop. When asked what would happen if he trashed his rental car, he replied, "That's why I took the extra insurance!"