Good local tire dealer | FerrariChat

Good local tire dealer

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by flashman, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    Does anyone have a good local tire shop that knows how to mount new tires on a Ferrari without scratching up the rims? It is time for me to replace the rubber on my 308 and I am looking for a dealer. I am currently running Goodyear NCT's which are no longer made; (205/55/VR16 front, 225/50/VR16 rear) any suggestions on new ones?
    Thank's
    WilliamR

2. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    I purchased the Bridgestone S-03 Pole Position tires through Tire Rack. I went with the 205-55-16 front and 245-45-16 rear. Some guys have suggested putting 225-50-16's on the front but then I talked to four different people at Tire Rack and they said that customers complained that with that size in the front the handling was off. So I just stuck with the OE size up front. I took the new tires and loose rims to Discount Tire and they had a nice mounting machine that doesn't damage the wheels. I did remind them that they are for a Ferrari and to be extra careful. Hope this helps.

3. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    Thank's,
    WilliamR