Insurance on an Enzo | FerrariChat

Insurance on an Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Matt LaMotte, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Since the Florida Lottery is up around 35 million right now and I just grabbed a few tickets I've been getting my plans together to see how much it will cost me when I get my Enzo this weekend. Just out of curiosity how much is insurance on one of these a year. I know it's expensive to repair one so I wonder how much all these owners pay to cover there cars while out on the road. I was actually shocked to see that insuring a Ferrari was not as bad as I thought but an Enzo is a special case. After I collect my winnings after the drawing tonight free rides for all Fchat members on me.:)

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I asked my dad but im pretty sure he gave me a BS answer..:D

He said smthg like 1600 $ per year because he has 10+ cars with the same insurance...but still...smells like BS..

3. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Now yets be serious, you are only getting around 17.5 million. because Im going to buy the winning numbers on my way home tonight.

Im getting a McLaren F1 with my winnings so we can rent out a track and race.

Good Luck and you can claim your ticket first, I dont want alot of attention.

4. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G

You never know, the more cars the bigger the discount. If your dad has had no claims and a clean record he may be telling you the truth.

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    $1600.00 a year seems pretty low to me as well. If it's that cheap I might get a black and a red one.

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    no way it's $1600/yr. the oil change runs $700. and if it is its an oversite on the insurance co's part.

lets see. i'll take in $1,600 a year and have to pay out $750k or more on a total loss........

7. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    A month perhaps?

1600 x 12 = 19,200

10 years = 192,000.

Stolen or totaled payout $500,000K+

8. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Why wouldn't it be that cheap? It's not used daily and it's not a theft target. When my wife and I were house shopping and checking into insurance, State Farm was quoting us $600 a year on a $195,000 house. That's a similar small payout on our end for a big benefit should the worst happen.

9. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    well for starters, the pool of houses is significantly larger than the pool of enzo's to spread the underwriting risk around on and hence forth the much lower premiums

also, the probability of a total housing loss is much smaller.

using that same logic, why is the insurance on my ford expedition ($35k or so) $378 and the insurance on a $250k rental home i own $500......

10. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    and don't forget the cost of liabilty, damages to others & medical

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Emenasce gave me a similar answer a few months ago. He also told me he has regular usage insurance for his cars, as opposed to collector/special interest coverage. I find that price very unlikely, and that it is probably more a monthly figure.

I say leave it alone Andrew... if he realizes how much he's really paying, it just might wind up on Sheehans site LOL.

GG

12. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HOW MUCH IS INSURANCE ON A ENZO??

IF YOU OWN AN ENZO, WHO CARES

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO FILL UP WITH GAS A 55 FOOT YACHT??

WHO CARES IF YOU CAN AFFORD A YACHT...

LOGIC HERE...........

13. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Quoted to me by agents:

Progressive = $1400 per six months
    Allstate + $700+ per six months
    Full coverage, 86TR. Florida

Which one do you think I bought? That was a year ago. I understand there has been a rate increase in my local, I have to renew, and I don't look forward to the new quotes.

14. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    you will only recive a little a month.

there are serveces that realy speed up a lottery payment

15. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    After you buy the Enzo the balance of the $$$ is what the insurance will cost. So make sure it comes with a full tank of gas.

16. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Well, think of it this way. If you pay about $2000 a year to insure a $25K car (rough estimate), then if you extrapolate, you will come out with about $57,000 per year.

That is, if you can find an insurance company willing to write the policy. Actually, insurance companies will basically insure anything - for a price...

-Wayne

17. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    When I had an F40....I had full coverage, $1K deductible on collission, 0 on comprehensive. It ran about $3500/yr, and I had no accidents and 1 ticket.

That may give some insight. Ciao....Dino