Rides | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Slay me if this has been discussed, but has anyone see the show "Rides" where they modify cars? An Enzo owner has his in the shop for a custom set of wheels! They have to do a big modification to convert them from center-hub to 5-bolt. End result was spending a bunch of money to bolt on bad-looking wheels.

2. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    damn, you ruined it! ;) i was just about to go watch the vid of i taped....

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

post screen shots !

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    That show sucks!!!!! I thought i was going to puke when i saw the Enzo. It is the same Enzo that was at the SEMA show.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I watched it too. And when they called it the "F50 Enzo" I cringed, and felt the tears of other F-chat members.

Jason Preistly is at least doing something on TV that doesn't require 1) crashing or blowing up cars while racing and 2) doesn't require that he tries to remember any Formula 1 driver's name.

Other than that, the neat thing I got out of the show was the "cat hair" goo which is used to mold and shape interior plastics for custom modifications.

6. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    hold on...its not done yet..

7. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    #7 Titanboy_24, Jan 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    #8 Titanboy_24, Jan 21, 2004
  9. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    #9 Titanboy_24, Jan 21, 2004
  10. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    #10 Titanboy_24, Jan 21, 2004
  11. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yep, they said it was from canada. Pix will be up in a bit.

12. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i tried my best.....

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  15. H2OTT

H2OTT Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    What the hell is wrong with some people?Trying to destroy such a perfect car.

16. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  17. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    5. post more later, apprentice is on :)

18. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I'm lost for words :(

19. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    It takes a certain car to be able to pull off colored wheels (red, black, white, etc). The Enzo is not one of those. Im not much for the style of rim either, but chromed or brushed it would look much better IMO

20. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Rant time, fellas.

It utterly irritated me that some complete idiot would send his insanely expensive car built to be the apex of car performance to some even BIGGER idiots so they could install crappy multispoke drug dealer wheels. Not only does this negate the incredible performance properties that the car was designed around, but it also looks like ABSOLUTE A$$. Pinnifarina is a world famous design firm responsible for some of the most signifigant trends in automotive design. Giovanni is a second-rate company that makes chrome wheels for drug dealers and rappers. Hmm...I wonder who I'm going to trust to make design decisions? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

Are these West Coast Customs people on crack? Hell, I think I would even be able to live with them if they put some decent HRE sport wheels onto the car...but NO! They choose some off-colored drug dealer **** that probably weigh ten times as much as the original magnesium wheels, which are probably twice as expensive! Enzo would be rolling over in his grave if he saw the things that were being done to that car.

The other thing they did that makes no sense to me was use different shades on the wheels. The left side is chrome. The right side is black chrome. How did they overlook this? This puzzles the hell out of me. Is it a new show trick? It looks like crap.

Other than that, they also somehow managed to get almost everything they said about the car completely wrong. The car is not called an "F50 Enzo". They make up random prices for it at different intervals throughout the program. There were more, but I forget them all.

But over all this, the thing that irritated me to no end is how utterly unprofessional these guys are. Call my crazy, but if you had a 660,000 dollar vehicle, would you just send it off to some custom car guys on a whim without having any idea about what they were going to do? They actually sat there and admitted on-camera that they did not know what they were going to do it, saying things like, "it's all carbon fiber" and "what are we gonna do?" It was as if they were actually admitting that all of their $hitty stereos and gold rims wouldn't have any affect on the appearance of the car. Hah!

Don't get me wrong; some cars look nice with big ghetto aftermarket wheels that don't contribute to performance, and dark tint, and a huge stereo. They're called H2s. Until Ferrari makes an SUV crossover, this company needs to stay the hell away.

My $.02

21. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    do u guys want more pix? (they all suck)

22. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Well, sorta. How about we just say "bling bling" type instead? It's odd, because in their booths each year, they don't have any red cars period. They only use black or silver, and those are usually BMW's, MB's, etc. The wheels aren't exactly light, but they are stylish - eh.. to some people.

Actually, most of the wheel manufacturers do this on the cars to show what each wheel in various shades, colors, tones will look like. Even HRE does this on their cars in their booth. That way, with one shade of a color - in this case, red - you can see what the different style of wheel will look like on a car. Giovanni typically has a very large booth, even compared to Kinesis and HRE. Both of the latter have small booths. It doesn't mean much, it means that they go for a niche, whereas Giovanni goes for the styling bling-bling trend.

Keep in mind, I'm not defending the show at all, just taking a step back and looking at the perspective you have.

23. jhl1963

jhl1963 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Plus why would the guy send it to WCC just to have them send it over to Giovannas (sp?).

I am thinking the show would be a lot more amusing with Tim Allen or Leno (though he might cost a lot) or even Stacy from Trucks on TNN :)

I also find Jason P. is extremely irritating as he tries to make everything overly dramatic. And as was stated before, any self proclaimed car nut who does not know there is no such thing as an F50 Enzo should not be hosting a show like that...

Jordan

24. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I do not believe Jason P. was narrating when the "F50 Enzo" comment was spoken. I believe he just does the interstitial introductions.

25. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Amusing read, have a question. Why does any modifications made by a owner bother people so much. Are you buying that car ? If you are buy one that is stock and be done with it. Not one car or sportbike that I have owned is stock. Manf's sell a product to appeal to a great range of people it's up to the owner to tailor the car to their driving style. I like my cars to handle on the loose side so I mod them that way. Neighbor got a Stradale he drove over to show the car. Couldn't stop laughing over the Ricky Racer- Herbie the Love Bug "racing stripe". But it's not my car I have no plans to buy that car so why stress over it.